Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 EXL with about 80K miles and the DVD player. Since I bought it in 2011, I've had intermittent issues with the stereo system's functionality. It has a 6 CD changer which sometimes worked and then stopped. Over the years I've had the issues where the stereo system wouldn't power up.

I was trying to change the Fade last week and the stereo just cut off and I've not been able to power it back up since. I get the basic display with time and compass, nothing more. I can no longer turn on the stereo. Has anyone else run into this issue and is there solution without having to go with an aftermarket offering?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sounds ridiculous but it worked for me. Try pushing with strong but restrained pressure to the four corners of the stereo trim plate, giving some extra to the lower right hand side. I found the suggestion on Youtube last year and after two of three tries over a couple of weeks it's been working fine since.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
If that doesn’t work you could also remove the stereo and verify none of the electrical connections at the rear have come loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts