Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously started the below thread but am unable to reply to it so I started this one for some help.

[/URL]

I have made some progress (all passenger side so far):

Sway bushing is installed.
Strut assembly is installed.
Control arm is out.

I had to cut the swaybar link as the nut would not budge. Now I can't get the nut and what's left of the bolt out of the swaybar. I thought it would come out easy after cutting. The nut is pretty rounded off. I've tried soaking it and banging on it. Should I heat it up? I don't have a torch or anything like that, would a heat gun do it? Or should I be able to punch it out? See pic

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
I’ve split a similar nut like that in half after cutting it to get it off. Hammering or heat might not help at this point.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Go to town on that $#^@ the nut with recip saw or dremel or cut-off wheel. Take care not to nick the sway bar. Pry the nut apart and that slag will fall off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went to town on it multiple times with dremel cutoff wheel, hammer/chisel, nut buster tool, etc. and came back with nothing. I gave up and moved on to the other components. I may need professional help getting that swaybar end nut/bolt out.

My new problem is with the inner tie rods. See picture of unit sent from rockauto. In the picture do I have the washer oriented correctly for installation? I'm a little confused about it. It doesn't look anything like the old washer that came out.

IMG_20200531_121448471.jpg IMG_20200531_122903131.jpg

·
Registered
730 Posts
Don’t give up too quick on that rusted jammed end link nut. Hack saw or preferably powered recip saw with metal blade will cut that nut or end link off. Just spare the sway bar as best as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know how this washer (black one in picture) is intended to go on? Is it supposed to clip onto the tie rod and then the lip gets pushed into the rack side as you torque it?

IMG_20200531_122903131.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
It needs a tab on the ID to go into the notches of the rack end. like the one on the right in the photo.Can't see the whole of the washer from your photo's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts