Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like an odd request but does anyone know of a good slip over type Steering Wheel Cover for the PILOT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great leather steering wheel cover

If you have an LX, I have a great source for high quality covers. If it's an EX, why do you want to cover the wheel?

I don't know about "slip over" but if you have an hour and $30-40, you can install a high-grade leather cover from www.wheelskins.com. I've put two in my cats the past several years, and they look almost as good as OEM covers.

I recommend wearing a pair of workgloves when threading the cover--this will protect your fingers from the thread and let you apply alot of tension for a tight fit. There are two threading patterns, I like the pattern where the thread passes on to the next set of holes inside the cover. The exposed stitching ends up running directly from front to back, rather than angled, but that's a personal preference.

Be sure to clean and treat the leather twice a year. It makes a real difference in the feel and appearance of the cover over time. My first cover was neglected, and the surface wore away after 3 years. In the other car, I treated it about twice a year, and it always looked new. I like to use a liveral dose of saddle soap to clean it first, letting it dry overnight. Then apply a heavy coat of mink oil, let it sit for 30 minutes, then wipe away as much excess as possible. Leaves the wheel just a tad moist for a few days but once the surface dries, it gives a very nice, tactile grip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts