Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX head unit and upon checkout Crutchfield is recommending the Crux SWRHN-62D controls, but from what I am seeing and hearing these don't work 100% all of the time for the 08's. I would hate to install everything and then have to remove it all again to find out it doesn't work.

It looks like the one to go with may be the Axxess ASWC-1 but it looks like it doesn't come with the harness or the antenna adapter, etc. like the Crux does.

Any thoughts?

I'll be installing this into an '08 EX non-navigation

·
Registered
750 Posts
Consider iDataLink Maestro SW. I dunno about Axxess, but a Maestro can be flashed for a different vehicle/head unit if needeed. Also, 4500NEX has data support, so if you spend a bit more, you can instead get Maestro RR, which plugs into ODB2 port and gets you access to some vehichle info.

I think I used Axxess in an earlier install, and it needed to be programmed button by button by counting led flashes on the unit. And I occasiinally had issues with wheel control not working until car was restarted.

My current audio setup uses Maestro SW, and after flashing it to proper firmware via their website, it has worked 100% flawless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts