Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 that the steering wheel control button lights and the climate control/ navi controls lights all went dark. the radio and dvd buttons still light up. going to check fuses after work today but has anyone else experienced this and has a solution? All of the buttons and functions still work they just dont light up anymore. i found it odd that all of them went out at the same time. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any other lights went dark? Hazard lights button? VTM? VSA? Garage opener buttons?
Are any buttons lit on the radio when it is off? (I.e. the power button itself)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh and the small knob on the gauges cluster - did you check if by any chance it was all the way counterclockwise?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok, #1 to check would be fuses 19 (15A) and 14 (7.5A) in the under-dash box. If those are fine, then there will have to be some disassembly and things to check with a multimeter...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep ended up being #14 fuse was blown. Still not sure what caused it though since the mini light bulbs on the parking sensor button and traction control button were all blown as well.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you do a search on 'light bulb burnout short circuit', there is a possibility for a burning out bulb to arc, causing a circuit overload. Not too likely, but possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly that seems to be the case as all 3 bulbs on the switches were burnt out and fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and light bulbs and all is back to normal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts