Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 pilot with steel wheels. They're getting a little rusty.
Anyone have a suggestion for me?
Do I paint them, if so what color?
I have a dark gray pilot.
Anything would be helpful and appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts
What exactly do you mean by a little rusty? Rusty as in a little surface rust or rusty as in all over rust that penetrates the joints.

Surface rust, I would pick a color and have them powder coated.

Really rusty down into the joints I would examine them very carefully and consider new wheels.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
I'd dump the steel ones and buy some new alloy wheels. Or you could always go to www.car-part.com and see if you can find a good used set of Honda alloy wheels that will fit your year model. Listed under Axle and Brakes > Wheel (Display w image)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Agreed Why not upgrade to some nice Alloys ? I keep my steel ones for winter they have more weight to them .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2011 pilot with steel wheels. They're getting a little rusty.
Anyone have a suggestion for me?
Do I paint them, if so what color?
I have a dark gray pilot.
Anything would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks. I'll stay with the steel wheels. I was just trying to spruce up the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts
You never explained what you meant by rusty. Seriously rusty wheels can and do fail.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Thanks. I'll stay with the steel wheels.
People paint wheels. Maybe some photos of what you got, someone can give you some tips

·
Registered
387 Posts
Steel wool the rims to get rid of the rust. Use rust converter primer. Then spray them with an automotive paint. A good clear coat couldnt hurt either. U can slide cards index/deck between the rim and tire to keep the tire from getting paint on it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts