Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank General Motors every time your pilot starts.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Amen to that! My last vehicle was a Pontiac and I swore never again would I buy a domestic. Honda came just in time.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually that's not what I meant. The battery in your Pilot is made by Delphi Electronics, a GM subsidiary, in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. They also supply batteries to the Toyota plant in Cambridge which means the new Lexus SUV will have a "GM" battery. Just when you thought you got away from the domestic auto manufacturers......
If you have an ODY or an MDX it probably also has a Delphi battery, as do the Civics and Acura 1.7 ELs made in Alliston.
Yes, Alliston produces 5 different vehicles.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Worse yet

Most of the interior on the Mercedes M-Class is Delphi.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
airgate said:
You see. . .and folks give me HELL for not buying American!;) :p :D
It doesn't make any sense to buy a product just because that company's headquarters building is in a certain country.

Buy the product that meets your needs. Competition......imagine that!!!!!

I bought a Pilot because it meets more of my needs than the other SUV's. AND our local Honda Dealer is wonderful.

I could have bought an Explorer (on A Plan) to demonstrate loyalty to an "American" auto maker. But then I'd be left driving a vehicle that met fewer of my needs. AND the local Ford Dealer is VERY PAINFUL to deal with!!! I dreaded taking my F150 in for service. Eventhough it was warranty work, it was alarming to have things like head gaskets replaced on a new vehicle! Thankfully it was leased!

The final straw was the letter I recieved from my Ford Salesman reminding me my lease was nearly finished. It was a form letter with a scanned signature. The only problem? The Salesman had passed away 8 months prior!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as I know Delphi actually broke away from GM a couple years ago. Dephi actually makes some nice, high quality products, many we never see.

All companies use different vendors for various parts, my keyless entry on my jeep was made by TRW!

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I looked at the Pilot's sticker it said that 90% of the SUV was "domestic" - probably meaning North American. The only thing IDed as being built in Japan was the transmission.

·
Registered
991 Posts
a2Pilot said:

It doesn't make any sense to buy a product just because that company's headquarters building is in a certain country.

Buy the product that meets your needs. Competition......imagine that!!!!!

Makes perfect sense to buy what you think is good quality.. Japanese companys like Honda and Toyota have really good reputations, most of these cars are made in Canada and U.S. now, but every car or SUV that my friends have had or I have had is either GM or Ford have had major problems and the service is night and day.. (in my experience) had a 92 and 95 civics and the are made so well.. love the resale value too...

take care
rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
The parts are made all over the world....many so called foreign cars are made in the USA...some in Canada, Mexico...etc. There is no true American car anymore, nor anyh true foreign car company. Besides....aren't all of these companies, publicly traded corporations? GO HONDA....not because it is foreign...or American...but because it is a decent car...long lasting...and fits my needs......

·
Registered
27 Posts
For Gods sake its only the battery. Big F-in deal.

If I go buy a DieHard do I have to thank Sears everytime it starts?
If I buy gas at Mobile do I have to thank them every mile I drive?

I'd thank GM if they designed the starter, engine, or helped the torque converter, or even the transmission.

What a moronic post.

·
Registered
991 Posts
tacomantt said:
For Gods sake its only the battery. Big F-in deal.

If I go buy a DieHard do I have to thank Sears everytime it starts?
If I buy gas at Mobile do I have to thank them every mile I drive?

I'd thank GM if they designed the starter, engine, or helped the torque converter, or even the transmission.

What a moronic post.

ya see dude.. we are having a disscusion... you don't like it.. then Leave..

(man some peoples kids):30:

·
Registered
469 Posts
"I felt a great disturbance in The Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
991 Posts
i love it..

may the force be with you always.:11:

·
Registered
27 Posts
gopilot:

I am enjoying the discussion- but just without you in mind (of course).

Also, if that is your attitude on then stay out of our shopping malls and food stores. Damn 'Can'ucks - once they invent Hockey they think they can run the world. Try going it alone.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Captain Kirk: "I have a plan, Mr. Spock..."
Mr. Spock: "I'm all ears, Captain..."
:31: :31: :31: :31: :31:

·
Registered
991 Posts
like i said, some peoples kids.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Wow, 6 emails to mods about this thread, most from people who haven't even posted in it.

Please play nice and refrain from personal attacks. Especially from instigating them.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
starting your pilot

I go away for the week-end and someone hijacks the thread. Anyway, the posting and the thread were meant to elicit discussion regarding the integration of automobile production in North America. I didn't think that anyone would actually think that "the battery" was "the subject" of the discussion. I'm very sorry; I'll try to be more succint next time. To those of you who understood the intention of the posting: gopilot, Older than dirt, Mizzouhavasu, MKell, Livemusicfan, a2Pilot, N_Jay, Airgate, Riprock, thank you.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi Scoobs! welcome back, don't appoligize.. all of us totally understood your thread (well most of us) and its all good

take care
rob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts