Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Canucks, just wondering if any of us have had the ignition problems reported here in the U.S? I have not got my Pilot yet, but was just wondering? Wonder if it is a gasoline difference in the U.S? hmmmm....

thanks
rob

·
Registered
388 Posts
go to thread... "ignition problems"

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys, I know about the thread... Thats why I am asking it in the Canadian forum.. I have not seen any Canadian complaints yet and am just asking Canadian owners.

thanks for the info
rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had one occurrence of this 'no starting' behavior. I tried to start it after the car sat for 3 hours. It cranked but did not fire for 2-3 seconds before I stopped trying. I let the car stand for approx. 60 seconds and tried again, same thing happened. I pulled the key, got out, scraped the rest of the ice off the windows and tried again. I had not read the ignition problems thread and don't know if it is the key or what. I have only 1 other key on the fob and it is a normal house key.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there, How long have you have your Pilot? It has happened only once, that's not too bad.. Some people in the states have had it happened many times. Thanks for the message

rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nope, no problems with starting at all, even here in deadmon...errr, Edmonton ;) I've only had to pull off 2 allnighters at work to get a project pushed through and both nights, it probably went down to about -10C at least and again, no problems then.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Riprock.. Yes, I have not heard of any problems yet reported here that are Canadian owned.. I have talked to some people here that own Pilots, and they have had it start every time.. We will see how she goes.

Still wondering if it is the gas (thats probably a long shot though)

keep in touch

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
must be something to do with that chip in the key? weird though..

There has been no fix yet, so I guess we have to keep bugging the dealer

rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:
Hi Riprock.. Yes, I have not heard of any problems yet reported here that are Canadian owned.. I have talked to some people here that own Pilots, and they have had it start every time.. We will see how she goes.

Still wondering if it is the gas (thats probably a long shot though)

keep in touch

rob
May be it is the gas, may be it's just a faulty starter or something else. It's unfortunate that these kinds of problems have to happen to some people, that's for sure.

Nice to hear that you get to talk to some people who have Pilots also. I don't know anyone who has one here and I still only have saw 5 in total so far. One of my colleagues is thinking of getting an SUV and he's asked me about the Pilot. I told him to go test drive as many SUVs out there and see for himself. That ought to put any doubt in his mind to rest.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It ain't the gas

Most of us have 2 cars. Most of us gas up at the same place. Most of only have the PILOT failing to start. Probably all of us ONLY have the Pilot with the starting problem.
It's the PILOT...not the gas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup, it's not the gas. I have 3 honda's. Only had this problem on the Pilot, and it's the only Honda i have with a built in imobilizer built into the key, so maybe it's the key.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope Honda is not going to say "This is normal", if it only happens once a month, to me no big deal, but if it happens all the time.. Will be back to the dealer to demand a fix...

·
Registered
9 Posts
gopilot;
I have only had the starting hesitation happen once. I picked up my Black EX-L on the 22 of August. I've got over 7800 kilometers on it and lover the traction in the snow. Of course I have changed the wheels and tires to Pirelli Scorpion Ice+Snow's on 16 inch Honda steel wheels. The alloys will be saved until the spring where the Goodyears will get scraped to make way for some decent tires.

Like RipRocK, I too seem to be the only owner in my town ( pop. 6500), but where I work there are about 3500 employee's and there is a Silver EX there.

Sorry about the delayed reply, but I seem unable to get my machine at home to submit the letter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts