Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Do you have the Starting Problem and when was your Pilot built?

• Built before 11/1/02 starting problem

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Built before 11/1/02 NO starting problem

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Built before 1/1/03 starting problem

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Built before 1/1/03 NO starting problem

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Built before 3/1/03 starting problem

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Built before 3/1/03 NO starting problem

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Built before 5/1/03 starting problem

• Built before 5/1/03 NO starting problem

• Built on or AFTER 5/1/03 starting problem

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Built on or AFTER 5/1/03 NO starting problem

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to determine if the more recently built Pilots are as likely to have the Starting Problem as the ones built earlier on.

Please choose the EARLIEST Build Date Range that applies to your Pilot and whether you have EVER experienced the classic Starting Problem.

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
mine is built 01/03. Had starting problem for the first 2 weeks after delivery but have not had it for the 6 weeks since.:D :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmmm

Well folks..I have 2 Pilots, 1 produced 11/02 and the other 12/02. And I am GLAD to say..NO starting problems here at all!!

:25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25:
I knocking on wood!

PS. perhaps a survey of what parts of the country are having problems would be in order?? Could be a temp, humidity or elevation thing!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kemosabe said:
florida_guy: Shouldn't the dates that I "circled" in RED below be the year 2003 instead??? :8:
Yeah I just noticed that!!! :bonk:

I was trying to figure out why someone voted for a build date after 5/1 and saw it was my fault.

I asked Worm to fix it for me.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheWorm said:
Thanks!

Is there anything we can do about the two poor souls who followed my instructions and as a result voted for after 5/1 which doesn't exist yet?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I voted no problem, as Ive only had it happen 2x in the 8mo. Ive had it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why are people already voting in the "After May, 2003" choices. Perhaps Kemosabe has some pictures depicting people with the special gift to see into the future?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
boiler1991 said:
Why are people already voting in the "After May, 2003" choices. Perhaps Kemosabe has some pictures depicting people with the special gift to see into the future?
guess you have not heard ...this time machine (AKA austin powers) is now available in Wal-mart, target and other fine retailers (sic):D :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boiler1991 said:
That was my fault. I originally posted those as 2002. I had to ask Worm to change it but those people voted before I noticed my error.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
whitepilot said:
I voted no problem, as Ive only had it happen 2x in the 8mo. Ive had it
It's happened to me 2 times, and I bought on Dec. 14, 02. BUT, I don't consider it a problem. In one case, it started up fine on the 3rd crank, and in the other, on the 2nd crank. I don't think I'd have paid any attention to it except for having read the thread here on the board about "Starting Problems."

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
boiler1991 said:
"...people with the special gift to see into the future..." :p :p :p

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
florida_guy said:
I'm trying to determine if the more recently built Pilots are as likely to have the Starting Problem as the ones built earlier on.

Please choose the EARLIEST Build Date Range that applies to your Pilot and whether you have EVER experienced the classic Starting Problem.

Thanks.:)
I don't think you have any relationship to build date and the problem - my Pilot was built in August, 2002 - I now have 10K miles, have read many who have complained about various problems, including the starting probelm, and I have experienced none of the problems - most problem free vehicle I ever purchased.

bakerlar

·
Registered
991 Posts
kemosabe said:

"...people with the special gift to see into the future..." :p :p :p
Yeah, and WHO got crushed!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Starting Problem By Build Date Poll

bakerlar said:

I don't think you have any relationship to build date
Well, so far my highly unscientific poll is not showing any relationship but we will see what happens as more votes come in. And of course we have to wait for the absentee ballots and then have 42 recounts. :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
boiler1991 said:
Oh, how I miss Carson... :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kemosabe said:

Oh, how I miss Carson... :D :D :D

"The Honda Pilot will not start in vehicles built after May 2003"
I did not know that. :D

·
Registered