Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2003 Honda Pilot with 3500 miles on it. In the past two months, five times the suv would not start on the first try. She took the Pilot onto the Honda dealership and was told that there is no problem noted on the suv. I would like to know if anybody out there has had a similar start problem with the Pilot??? I need to get some type of answer.
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
991 Posts
There are lots of people on this forum who have the same problem, it looks like Honda is not owning up to it yet, but with more complaints, they will have too... I do not have this problem yet..

If you do a search for "starting problems"or "ignition problems" you will see lots of info..

rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Put the key in and turn it halfway until the flashing green key light goes out on the dash. Then turn key to the crank position and it should start right up.

I understand that if you just hop in, put the key in and crank it in one motion, then it will crank for awhile.

I understand it to be the key immodilizer system.

·
Registered
991 Posts
spleuba said:
Put the key in and turn it halfway until the flashing green key light goes out on the dash. Then turn key to the crank position and it should start right up.

I understand that if you just hop in, put the key in and crank it in one motion, then it will crank for awhile.

I understand it to be the key immodilizer system.

This is true, but lots of members on this forum have tried just that, but still have the starting problem, It seems no matter what they try, it starts when it wants, and does not start when it wants..

We are not sure what the problem is just yet

rob

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't experienced the problem and see no relationship to fast/slow key insert or anything owners are doing. Believe me, we have done every technique in starting the Pilot and it has always started immediately.

bakerlar:4:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Happened to me this evening too...for the third time...but starts up soon afterwards.....don't know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great information. I will have to monitor this problem and call my dealership and Honda to find a answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.