Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to change the front stabilizer links on my 2008 EX-L and they are about 3/4" longer than the replacement, measuring about 13" from center to center. Parts stores and dealers all only show one link was ever installed from 2006-2015.

Not sure what to do with this now, anyone ever run into this?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
When all else fails, or more and more for me before it does, bring in your old parts when shopping in person for a replacement. Sure, catalog numbers are catalog numbers, but there's less guesswork involved in also comparing actual physical items side by side as a two-step verification, to use internet lingo. Worked for me (the second time, after I smartened up) when I brought a sample from the broken kitchen drawer slider to the hardware store this week.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
You bought OEM from a dealership or online? Lots of counterfeit parts out there.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Went to change the front stabilizer links on my 2008 EX-L and they are about 3/4" longer than the replacement, measuring about 13" from center to center. Parts stores and dealers all only show one link was ever installed from 2006-2015.

Not sure what to do with this now, anyone ever run into this?
It must have been clunking when driving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts