Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rear stabilizer link.jpg

Just replaced rear shocks (KYB from RockAuto, on-sale and Piloteer's discount is still good) on 2011 EX-L. Front Quick-Struts will be replaced next weekend. Very new to doing my own maintenance. I noticed the ends of the stabilizer links (rear shown above) are somewhat bulged. Replacement looks pretty straight-forward and parts aren't pricey, but my question is: how urgent is this? This week, this month, before winter? They feel pretty solid and other than looking odd, I'm not aware of any specific problems with them. Thanks.

Been lurking for awhile and this site has given me the nudge to start doing my own maintenance.

---
2011 EX-L, approx 110k (30k by me)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not very urgent at all, and those look OK, but it's one of those "do it while you're in there" jobs. Also, you may find that you have to cut the link off when you do your front struts because the nut is frozen.

Either start irrigating that nut with PB Blaster every other night and hope for the best, or buy some new links and a new blade for your Sawzall.

If you replace them, you might as well do your outer steering links too, and then get an alignment on your shiny new front suspension. Either way, do your sway bar bushings when you do the struts. They're cheap.

OEM Honda parts for the links and bushings aren't much more expensive, by the way.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
These look OK for a stock link.
I had them look this way since 40K all the way to 150K. Grab them and shake them - if there's no freeplay they're fine. If there's no sign of grease leaking - they're fine.
Check your sway bar bushings - if they're worn, replace those instead. With these - wait until you have to remove them to do the struts and replace them then (you won't have any choice - they won't come off without cutting).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts