Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

My first post so hopefully doing this right. I have a 2003 pilot and the SRS light has been on. When I was getting work done on the car the mechanic was able to reset it. Although the following week it turned back on. Anyone have luck with this fix? I have no car mechanic talents, therefore will be taking it to another mechanic or the dealership. Has anyone been able to have the dealership have this covered? In older posts it seems the issue is with the rear wiper and the fuse, although the rear wiper works great. If that is the case I can just stop using the rear wiper. Help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
If there is an SRS light, there will be a code in the computer that will detail what's causing it. Need a scanner that has the ability to retrieve SRS codes. Most major auto parts stores will scan for codes for free.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
I don't know how much the mechanic charges to reset the SRS light, but yes, first have your codes read and see what that says. If the auto parts store code reader doesn't give you an answer, because they only read generic codes, you can go to a dealership and get Honda-specific codes read (and cleared) with their HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) machine, but it can be quite pricey (my dealer did it once for about 90 bucks). The alternative I got a little late in the game was a Foxwell NT630 Plus code reader which not only can read and clear Honda-specific codes, but can actually reset your SRS light. Once you deal with whatever codes you get, if any, you can clear and reset those codes whenever you need to with it.

Here's another thought: Have you had your (free) recalls done for both your front airbags?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
Also, you aren't putting something semi heavy like a briefcase or a computer or something on the front passenger seat, are you? If it weighs something like a child who's too small to be up front, the SRS system doesn't approve and will tell you so with a light.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Also, you aren't putting something semi heavy like a briefcase or a computer or something on the front passenger seat, are you? If it weighs something like a child who's too small to be up front, the SRS system doesn't approve and will tell you so with a light.
Let us not forget Rover either.

The simple solution then is to buckle the seatbelt before rover gets in the car. Of course Rover should never ride in the front seat, but some people tend to ignore that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts