Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Pilot. Due to extensive leather damage and being unable to find any Pilot seats, I replaced both front seats with used seats from an Acura MDX. Everything bolted up exactly as expected included all wiring. Now the SRS light is on in the instrument cluster (but not the side airbag light). I tried the reset with the yellow plug by the e-Brake but it just stay on. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did the exact same thing on my 2005. Installed new-to-me front seats from a junked Pilot. I tried everything I could, refusing to go to the dealership to have them troubleshoot. Any and all combinations of resetting with the yellow "fuse" you described, disconnecting the battery, re-connecting connections.

Finally I decided (after some persuasion from my girlfriend), that it was a safety issue that is worth going to the dealership for. They charged a ~$90 diagnostic fee to hook up to the HDS and clear the code. I don't believe they "fixed" anything, but apparently it took the HDS to clear the code.

Not the worst thing in the world, but clearing codes should be easier than that. I also now have the "VSA" and "VSA Indicator" lights on, and after some searching here, it seems like I need to make another stop at the dealership just to clear the code, as I can't figure out how to clear it myself.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Search YT, saw couple videos on it.
For SRS: "How to Fix & Reset SRS Light For Any Honda / Acura"
For VSA: "(BEST METHOD) Acura & Honda - How to reset ABS Light, VSA light FREE"
Good luck

·
Registered
9,249 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
OP, please let us know if any of the video suggestions worked. I'm very interested in your outcome. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
For clearing SRS, 06-08 Pilot fsm lists procedure in page 2361 and 2374

06-08 Honda Pilot - SRS MES Clear wo HDS2.png

06-08 Honda Pilot - SRS MES.PNG

trippleclick: I'm just thin air, can't blame thin air for damage to car/body. You decide.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
From a fellow member a while ago when I was faced with persistent VSA lights:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts