Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:x This morning my SRS light came on and will not go off. I disconnected the battery to see if that would work, with no luck. I have 3,000 miles on my Silver Pilot EX-L. I'm starting to think that Honda has a lot of bugs with this SUV. I have had the Pilot for two months and it's been back to the dealer for the driver seat problem, Driver window noise, the paint issue on the silver pilots. I just found out about the water pump problem, hopefully my pilot is not included with the pump problem. I have Pilot # 2996

·
Registered
51 Posts
BBetten, was anything sitting in your passenger seat such as a briefcase?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ilinniguy is correct. That is why young children are not supposed to use the front passenger seat. The SRS will recognize that someone/thing is on the seat, but since the top of the back cushion is not being triggered (i.e.: a child not tall enough, or a briefcase, grocery bag, etc...) the light will flash. This happens to me all the time when I put my briefcase on the seat in the morning in my Accord. Also happened in my Pilot.
So if you have something with weight to it on the seat but not big enough to reach the sensors that are about shoulder high, it will trip the light. Relax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The light was never on before. Nobody was seated in the passenger seat. The kids always sit in back. After reading the response to my post. I went outside and positioned myself in the passenger seat for 10 minutes with the car running and the light remained on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
BBetten769,

I would take that vehicle in for repair right away. I've got a '92 Acura Legend that I let the SRS light stay on for 3 1/2 years, everyone said "No Problem". About 6 months ago I had it repaired at a cost of $3,224.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mirror??

After I had my auto day/night mirror installed, the SRS light wouldn't go off. I had not left the dealer yet so I informed service advisor. They had missed a step in the installation process but it only took a few seconds to fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you recently filled up with gas? My dealership told me that if I didn't turn the gas cap all the way until it clicks THREE times, it will not get the adequate pressure it needs and the SRS light will come on. He suggested I remove the key, undo the cap and then redo the cap with the said three clicks and then start the car to reset the SRS light.

I hope this is all it is!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Thats the Check Engine Light

A loose gas cap will cause the Check Engine light to come on, not the SRS light.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SRS LIGHT

I HAVE HAD MY PILOT SINCE 5 JULY 02 AND SRS LIGHE HAS CAME ON TWICE ONCE WHEN A FRIEND WAS REACHING OVER TO SEE THE NICE COCKPIT "DASHBOARD" OF MY PILOT AND MY FRIEND WAS SEATED IN THE PASSENGER SEAT LEANING OVER TO TAKE A GLANCE WHEN I CAME ON THE FIRST TIME. I CANT REMEMBER WHEN IT CAME ON THE SECOND TIME BUT IT WAS ON FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS BOTH TIMES. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER FOR THE THROTTLE CABLE AND HAD THEM CHECK THE LIGHT NO CODES TRIGGERED. NO LUCK FOR NOW BUT THEY DID FIX THE RATTLE OF THE THROTTLE CABLE BRACKET" IT WAS LOOSE AND (TO CLOSE TO DRIVER SIDE SHOCK TOWER)

·
Registered
469 Posts
SRS light

Are you sure it's the SRS light or perhaps the "SIDE AIRBAG OFF" light??? From the Owner's manual, page 54 -

If a small-statured adult leans sideways, or larger adult slouches and leans sideways into the deployment path of the side airbag, the system may also shut off the side airbag.
If the side airbag cutoff indicator light comes on, you should have the passenger sit upright. Once the passenger is out of the deployment path of the side airbag, the system will turn the airbag back on and the light will go out.
:8:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed the SRS light the first day I owned my Pilot. I took it in to the dealer and they said that the system check noted a potential problem with the passenger side air bag but when they rechecked it the light went off. They weren't sure if it was a legitimate failure and told me to bring it back in if the light came on again. The light went on again 2 days later. I'm bringing the vehicle back in tomorrow to have it re-checked. I really enjoy driving the Pilot but having a problem with the safety system so soon is pretty scary.

How many of you have experienced this SRS problem? How was it resolved (faulty notice, airbag replaced, etc.)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
SRS or Side Airbag off?

SRS should only light when there is a problem, and for a few seconds as a test at start up.
Have it fixed.

Side Airbag Off, is mostlikely a smaller person in teh passenger seat leaning on the door.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm seating my 9 year old daughter on the front seat she is not tall or heavy, also i place my bag with ..may be 20 pounds and never the light came off so do i have a problem to?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
SRS or Side Airbad Off?

Which light.
SRS is ALWAYS a problem (after the start up test, of course).
Side airbag off usually means the person is sitting too far to the right.
If it is on with no one in the seat, or a average person sitting strait, I would think you have a problem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also had a problem with the SRS light staying lit and couldn't get it to go out no matter what I tried including emptying out the entire truck.

After being on for about a week I took it to the dealer (it wasn't the dealer I bought it from but they were suprisingly helpful). He told me that a cellphone or laptop could disrupt the SRS system (I have neither). The only thing I had was a portable 9" TV/VCR sitting in the passenger seat on the ride home from the store and then mounted between the seat.

The dealer reset the system and it seems to be fine now as I have not been able to recreate the failure at home. It was apparently an easy fix though as the dealer said I could have just brought it in and waited. He also said if it happened again to bring it back and he would replace some SRS module.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts