Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we finally got our Pilot. Picked it up at msrp in Reno in order to save the $2500 local surcharge, and then drove it back to Bellingham Washington.

As we returned to our home state, the SRS light came on and has been on since. Our local dealer checked it out and says the SRS control unit is bad and now on backorder with no E.T.A.!

I called the Reno dealership where we purchased the vehicle and found out that there are 4 service bulletins out pertaining to the OPDS (passenger detection system in the passenger seat?)
The parts guy there indicated that the problem was most likely related to the OPDS system. This seems most likely to us too, since we were unable to get any response from the air bag deactivation lights, even when shifting position in the passenger seat trying to get the airbag off light to come on. Also, we had the passenger seat fully reclined when the light came on.

So...now we wait, and wait some more. It's amazing how annoying one little red light is on a new car.

Has anyone else had the SRS light come on? What happened?

:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
SRS light

I had the same problem. The morning I picked up my Pilot I noticed that the SRS light was on. The first time the dealer cleared the light and said to come back if the light came on again. The light came on a few days later and the dealer replaced the SRS unit. No problems since.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I hope the side air bags still work... If not, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.... Let's see.. a side impact crash, your side air bags don't deploy, you get injured, you sue Honda for $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SRS light

I have had this problem twice. The first time I took it in the dealer fixed it somehow. It was off for months, until just recently. In both cases it came on after my 9-year old daughter sat in the front passenger seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts