Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, Brian! I had a pedal created but I have not had time to install it. I do totally enjoy OpenPilot and I use it all the time. Highly recommended. That's not to say that it doesn't have it's quirks but based on what you told me here you'll be fine. Let me know how it goes!

Great thread! I recently purchased a '19 Touring.

@sr33jan thank you for your video i found it on you tube before this thread, also I love your wheels and other other upgrades.

I was also curious about CJM1010's question, did you include the Comma pedal to deal with slower speeds?

I am a Software Engineer, that has been dying to play around with OpenPilot for a long time, but i never had a car that was compatible. A long time ago I was a frequent poster on an old forum called MP3Car.com and enjoyed ripping apart my car to install hardware to test at the limits of tech of the time (carputers) for nav, music and internet. Most importantly for me thought was the opportunity to get involved in the software and community. Comma.ai is similar in many ways, I am really considering checking it out.

Now that a few months have gone by, what are your thoughts on OpenPilot?

Best of luck with your build, keep the updates coming!
-Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome... thank you!

Those wheels look so good. I like the stock touring / elite wheels okay but they do not fill out the arches right imo... the 275s look great!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Awsome build reminds of my Audi back then. Are you selling your stock wheels? I was on the fence about black wheels but it looks amazingly good on your Pilot.

from my Note 9

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love your Pilot man. I've been slowly upgrading the GFs Pilot and she wants to lower it 1-1.5 inch. Was researching lowering stuff a year ago and like you found out, nothing available. Cross-referenced MDX stuff and it seem to be the same parts so I was gonna try the Megans but didn't feel like experimenting on her daily driver to see if it would fit. I'm glad you took one for the team and guinea pigged your ride. Did you ever put the front coilovers in? Curious about how all the front end components hook up and the angles you get on steering arms/tie rod and sway bar stuff. Also curious what the height would be on the front at it's highest setting if it'd still be too low like how the back is and if so, would spacers be able to be thrown in to give it that 1 inch lift to give you a net 1.5 inch drop instead of the 2.5 drop you have now. I never got beyond finding a set of coilovers that fit and never stuck my head under her car so not sure if camber arms are available or easy to make to cure the camber woes? Really want to know what the firmness of the ride would be with the coilovers since she's always complaining about body roll and wants to firm things up a bit. All her past cars have run on coilovers so she really wants her "sport" feel back. lol. I've noticed it's hard to find people on this forum that are into customizing the Pilot for aesthetics so I'm tracking your build

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great mods, I have the same color for my 19 touring 8p.

I have also installed OpenPilot and am enjoying it. Heads up, ran into a lot of issues trying to make my Comma Pedal work. There is a fingerprinting issue. Hopefully it will be corrected by Comma soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Btw, truly disappointed by the audio quality in my touring. By far the worst I have had in last 7 of 8 cars I have owned. My last kid mobile was a Mazda CX9 that had Bose. It was so much nicer. Is there a concensus on this forum as to what tweeter / speaker upgrade is the way to go ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have also installed OpenPilot and am enjoying it. Heads up, ran into a lot of issues trying to make my Comma Pedal work. There is a fingerprinting issue. Hopefully it will be corrected by Comma soon.

Can you go into more details on the Comma Pedal issues? Is it going to require building a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not many issues to talk about. I have to say its not a consumer grade product and you might have to scratch your head to solve some issues. But great support on the community and most issues are software related.

As for Comma Pedal, I was able to purchase a pre-fabricated and flashed pedal for $95 from a forum user. Other users are selling pedals specifically for Honda Pilots as well. I believe one use is @Chase who is selling it.

My specific issue was that I have a 2019 Touring. Headlights on 2019 Touring/Elite have some special can messages which was upsetting the OP. Its working now and I love it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts