Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Honda pilot, just got serpentine belt replaced at a local mechanics and now when ac is turned on it sequels, but if you turn ac button off it will blow air and when turned to heat it gets hot and blows without any sound. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
First verify the squeal is coming from the belt and not the AC fan or compressor.
Then take the Pilot back to the mechanic and ask them to look at it. It could be as simple as the belt tension not being correct.
And welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
15,521 Posts
The accessory belt should always be replaced when the timing belt is. You replace the tensioner at the same time. I bet the tensioner is shot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just called the dealer this morning. They replaced my TB in 2011 (at 97k miles/6 years). Their computer would not show the record as far back but they told me that their recommended TB replacement service includes tensioner, water pump, drive belts and coolant for $1,100 (still). Thermostat is extra $200 (they did not recommend this to me in 2011). I think that they feel the cost is too much already for a lot of their customers (and mostly balk at the "unnecessary/extra work/cost") that they do not recommend to add thermostat (just my guess) unless the customer asks for it. This is understandable since thermostats hardly become an issue (?). Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts