Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed that my brakes squeal quite a bit after I drive my car if it’s been sitting for a short while after being driven.

Ex. Running into a store for a few then driving off. The brakes squeal immediately after. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
365 Posts
We've had our 2003 Accord EX for about 4 months now. We've had some other issues: a funny "clunk' from the transmission after backing up and then driving forward, but no squealing brakes. I've only seen that happen after they are wet, like when you drive through standing water. I'd have the dealer check into it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
MG Pilot, I actually get this with my Pilot. Even if the car's not "cold", when braking at low speeds, such as in a parking lot or even coming to a slow stop at a redlight, I often this a prolonged squeak. I knew it couldn't be the brake wear indicator since this noise was present shortly after I got the Pilot. I mentioned it to a service advisor when I brought the car in for one of the scheduled service, but of course, it wasn't looked into since they "could not duplicate the problem." I just hope it's not a warped rotor or some caliper problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like you need some anti-squeak goo on the backs of your brake pads. This stuff damps any tendency toward "stick-slip" oscillation (squeek).

http://www.permatex.com/auto/autouc.asp?automotive=yes&f_call=get_item&item_no=80729

This phenomenon can vary depending on the coefficient of friction between the pad and the rotor. Temperature, moisture, alignment of the planets can affect this.

I always put this on replacement brake pads, but never have had to do it on a new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts