Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my cargo cover about a week after picking up my Pilot (they were out of stock at the dealership).

Sometimes, when going over bumps, I can hear the cargo cover make this incredibly annoying squeak. I can best describe it as the sound of water hitting tinfoil.

I pulled it off, rolled in and out, etc and still I can't get it to stop making the noise.

The one thing that did work is when I place a heavy object right on the roller or by just pressing down on it with my hand.

Maybe some spray or some sort would get rid of the noise?

Anyone have this squeak?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Take the cover out and check the ends pieces. There should be a felt pad (donut shaped) on each end which prevents the end caps from rubbing on the plastic panels when the cover is installed.

The felt pad on one end of my cargo cover is slightly too small and slipped out of place and started squeaking too. I put it back into place, but it has slipped again. I've stopped using the cover until I can get it replaced by the dealer or, if he won't replace it, I'll fashion a thicker felt pad for cushioning.

I've also noticed that holding the roller down stops the squeak, but you are simply stopping the rubbing motion between the roller and the hole in the trim that the cover mounts into. Replacing the padding (or the whole cover) should fix the squeak...until the felt wears again. I think a larger, thicker pad should do the trick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts