Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We wonder if anyone experience the same nuissance. Everytime we press on the break pedal, put on or release the parking break, we hear a squeaking noise. We noticed it when we drove home from the dealer, but we thought it was just new car that need to break in a little.
We now have 500 miles on our Honda Pilot EX-L (bought Aug 13) and still hear this squeaking noise.
Anyone has any input.
Thanks in advance.
thomas

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the squeak as well, really started noticing it yesterday at every brake application. Our car has around 1000 miles on it...

KR

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have it too, noticed it since day one. I dont think it is a bad squeek. My mother-in-laws car has the same squeek and she has 80,000 miles on it. Maybe a little oil on something will fix it...

steve

·
Registered
797 Posts
1200 miles and noticed it here too the other day.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Are you guys talking about a squeak from the brakes themselves??? Other than some hydraulic hissing from the brake pedal, I have not encountered this as of yet. 2200 miles and counting...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Me niether ... If its just the lever action of the break pedal perhaps a shot of WD-40 or white grease at the right spot would do it ...

PrG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its coming, not from outside the car, but inside. I think i tracked it down one day to a spring. It sounds like a lever/spring swoosh sound. Not very loud mind you, but enough that it is slightly annoying......

·
Registered
389 Posts
MG Pilot said:
Are you guys talking about a squeak from the brakes themselves??? Other than some hydraulic hissing from the brake pedal, I have not encountered this as of yet. 2200 miles and counting...
I think MG Pilot has it nailed, the squeak is from the hydraulics, just notice it after the break-in. It also seems to be braking a lot better now, noise does not really annoy me unlike an outside brake squeak which btw I do not have. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your inputs. So I guess the 'hissing noise' is alright.
I hope it will go away eventually. Please keep us posted.
Thanks again

·
Registered
232 Posts
You may also be hearing the shift interlock which is a click (some may call it a squeak I guess) each time you press the brake pedal. The shift interlock is a safety feature that only allows you to shift out of park when the brake pedal is depressed.

Try shifting out of park without pressing the brake pedal......won't go.

Cheese :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
This sounds like the hydrolic hiss that others have talked about it other threads. This was one of the items on my list when I took my car in earlier today. The response was that this was normal and there would be no way to eliminate it. If it is a hiss you hear, expect to hear for the remainder of the time you own your Pilot, or use the conveniently placed radio volume controls to increase the colume of the stero whenever you press the brake pedal. If it is indeed a squeak, like a hinge that needs oiled, then ignore this and find the squeaky point and shoot it with some silicon or wd-40.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ANOTHER NOISE RELATED TO BRAKE

Iwas wondering if any of your Pilots makes this noise like mine and is it normal.On mine,if the key is at on position,and the gear is in park.pressing the brake,it makes the clicking noise.Press, it clicks! release, it clicks! the noise comes from inside the dashboard where all the instruments are.Try yours to see if it does samething.Remember the key is on position,and the car must be at parked.Once it gets in gear the noise is gone.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: ANOTHER NOISE RELATED TO BRAKE

baoloclamdong said:
Iwas wondering if any of your Pilots makes this noise like mine and is it normal.On mine,if the key is at on position,and the gear is in park.pressing the brake,it makes the clicking noise.Press, it clicks! release, it clicks! the noise comes from inside the dashboard where all the instruments are.Try yours to see if it does samething.Remember the key is on position,and the car must be at parked.Once it gets in gear the noise is gone.
The click is the shifter lock release. If you did not press the brake and hear the click, you would not be able to shift out of Park...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: Re: ANOTHER NOISE RELATED TO BRAKE

MG Pilot said:

The click is the shifter lock release. If you did not press the brake and hear the click, you would not be able to shift out of Park...
got it too seems abnormally loud! like the clicker for your tunrn signal relay noise the concenscuos here seems to be that it is normal and ok right????:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts