Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uugh.

At 300 miles, I Have developed a squeak that appears to be coming
from the glove compartment door (I never should have opened it).
Minor road imperfections cause this constant high-pitched squeak.
I press on glove box door and noise ceases.
Has anyone else experienced this minor, but irritating noise.
If so, has dealer been able to solve.

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe you can do this yourself

Many vehicles I have owned in the past have had glove box doors that don't close enough to prevent the rattles. I have done several things to aleviate the problem. A squeek usually means metal to metal or to hard plastic. A rattle usually indicates a loose fit. To eliminate the squeek, I would be sure the hinges on the door are lubricated (WD 40) and a slight bit of grease is on the area where the lock arm makes contact with the metal loop that hangs down slightly from the compartment roof. If the door is rattling from not being tight enough, you can carefully bend the loop toward the rear which makes the latch lock a little later and tightens the door. Something else I have used is the little soft plastic buttons that Radio Shack sells as feet for electronic components. I place them near the corners of the door so they will compress slightly when the door is shut. They are soft and in most cases clear and look fine. These have adhesive on one side and usually are about the right height to insure a secure closure. As a matter of fact, I have the clear ones on the lid of my console to eliminate the rattle my Pilot had there. I hope that we do not find that "Body flex" is an issue on our vehicles. This is a different body from the MDX and in reality - is new. Good luck - BP

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeak

Bill P.

Get this. I upgraded the tires and have not heard it since (I assume it will reappear eventually).

Anyway, thanks for providing solutions to my problem.
It's pretty disappointing to hear annoying squeak on a $31K vehicle.
I will present the problem to the dealer for them to correct.
Good Luck next week - and will be waiting to hear how you made out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts