Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I received my box of goodies (Honda PS, DW-1, VTM-4 fluids and a part I forgot to order last time for the upcoming transmission filter replacement) this week. It’s sad when it’s cheaper for me to order the fluids/parts from the opposite coast and have them shipped instead of getting them from my local dealers (the two closest now mark up 30% above list so no thanks).

I’m looking forward to working on the Pilot now that the weather has improved. I hope you all enjoy getting dirty/greasy fixing your rigs.
I know how you could have saved some money and shipping on one of those items that will perform well in a 5-speed. :p

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Have you found a cheap source for genuine Honda DW-1? If so, do tell.
No, but I know a superior replacement that can be bought at Wal-Mart for less. 😁👍

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,566 Posts
I know how you could have saved some money and shipping on one of those items that will perform well in a 5-speed. :p
I wonder what fluid that could be.😁

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Springtime? LOL

It was 23F where we are this morning!

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
these parts will be collecting dust for a couple more weeks. I'm going to pickup a motorcycle this weekend and then having a house party for family. then gotta get that fertilizer and pre emergent on the lawn. always something!
not like the pilot needs this stuff, it is really proactively repairing items before they fully bite the dust
I got my pre emergent down 2 days ago! Probably a week or 2 early, but I can always put another dose on LOL

Better than 2 days too late LOL

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I got my pre emergent down 2 days ago! Probably a week or 2 early, but I can always put another dose on LOL

Better than 2 days too late LOL
no one likes crabgrass! I did my fertilizer last weekend and will probably do my pre-emergent spread next week. with this extended cold snap it will take a little while longer for soil temps to get up there

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Anybody notice that for some reason springtime is also the time when it's not just the daylight hours that get longer...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
...and its always on my days off...
that the list magically appears out of nowhere.
and when I do have time to work on the Pilot, she's driving it out of town!

personal checklist now is:
  • fertilizer done
  • house party for easter done
  • pickup motorcycle done
  • ride around and do an oil change - done & done :cool:
father-in-law said wait another 2 to 3 weeks for the pre-emergent application as soil temps aren't quite there yet.

guess I'll just have to keep polishing this in the meantime

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Nice bike! Got quite a bit done but now you've gotta give the wife the keys to the Civic for a couple days next time you have off.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
...and its always on my days off...
that the list magically appears out of nowhere.
and when I do have time to work on the Pilot, she's driving it out of town!

personal checklist now is:
  • fertilizer done
  • house party for easter done
  • pickup motorcycle done
  • ride around and do an oil change - done & done :cool:
father-in-law said wait another 2 to 3 weeks for the pre-emergent application as soil temps aren't quite there yet.

guess I'll just have to keep polishing this in the meantime
Nice bike, and snug and comfy passenger seat. Who's the lucky passenger? Pics!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
41 - 60 of 64 Posts