Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the packages started showing up on my front porch...
On the table we have new power window regulator and motor, thermostat & seal, engine cover gasket seal set, ignition coil seal set, spark plugs, radiator hoses, power steering hoses & reservoir. Also in the garage are new radiator, intake gasket set, in-line ps fluid filter. amazing that all of this stuff was probably just under 500 bucks (usd)
can't wait to start tearing stuff apart !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think I'll be breaking this into 3 separate projects due to my limited time off from work and the need to start cleaning up the yard & mulching.
#1 - cooling system
#2 - power steering system
#3 - ignition and intake
there is a chance I'll get in the zone be able to combine the PS & Radiator jobs into the same weekend!
working in the garage by myself is very relaxing and therapeutic (ex. beer / music / fresh air / no kids / no wife )

will also try to post pictures of the insides look

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,439 Posts
On the table we have new power window regulator and motor, thermostat & seal, engine cover gasket seal set, ignition coil seal set, spark plugs, radiator hoses, power steering hoses & reservoir. Also in the garage are new radiator, intake gasket set, in-line ps fluid filter. amazing that all of this stuff was probably just under 500 bucks (usd)

View attachment 146725
Neither can the wife. She wants the kitchen table back. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a filter in the bottom inside that can get clogged up with debris. easier and cheap enough to just replace it rather than attempting to clean out the old one

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,308 Posts
Looks like too much fun for any one person.
@Nail Grease will be jealous.
I'd probably be jelly if I haven't had so much fun this week and more fun coming. It's a hoot!

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
think I'll be breaking this into 3 separate projects due to my limited time off from work and the need to start cleaning up the yard & mulching.
#1 - cooling system
#2 - power steering system
#3 - ignition and intake
there is a chance I'll get in the zone be able to combine the PS & Radiator jobs into the same weekend!
working in the garage by myself is very relaxing and therapeutic (ex. beer / music / fresh air / no kids / no wife )

will also try to post pictures of the insides look
I see a little power window fun in there too!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,851 Posts
Still waiting for my pair of shackles.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
Still waiting for my pair of shackles.
All that talk about chain versus straps, I decided to buy a new 3in x 12ft sling. This thing is so thick, looks like I'm in the market for a couple of shackles too.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Why? Have you cornered the market for your "special" room in the basement? :)

I'll update the relevant thread when I get them.

Where Do You Hook Up a Tow Rope in Front?

BTW, chains and straps, OK, but how about a good nylon tow rope?

The hooks are convenient to strap something or someone quickly but are discouraged by experienced recovery teams due to the potential dangers. Quality shackles is a good start for your recovery kit build. Depending upon your off-road plans will dictate the next steps.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
As a Wal-Mart employee, I have to ask, what did buy from Walmart.com ? I'm sad to say I usually find a better price on Amazon for auto related stuff, not Walmart.com
I believe that week, the Wal-Mart boxes would have had 16 1qt bottles of Valvoline Mercon V for the old F150, 3 Valvoline MaxLife ATF 1gal, Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil 5w20 and 5w30.
No, Amazon does not always have the best price. They say free shipping, but my experience is it's calculated in. When ordering multiples they can be much higher. Being from Texas, the state demands that online sales companies collect sales tax. Amazon slides that 8% in at the last second when paying, even hiding it. Where I do seem to save is on big ticket items. Like the Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit (TKH-002). It's an Amazon Choice item, sold and shipped by Amazon (Aisin Store).

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Being from Texas, the state demands that online sales companies collect sales tax. Amazon slides that 8% in at the last second when paying, even hiding it.
Oh boohoo. How would 15% grab you?

Also, springtime is income tax filing season.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts

·
Registered
12,308 Posts

View attachment 146725
Sorry, We hijacked your thread.
Hope all went well with the power steering lines, valve cover gaskets and window fix.

Reactions: undivide
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.