Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having to replace the entire spool valve assembly and am in need of a repair manual that shows how to do this. Does anyone have the manual they could send or could any direct me to one? I have looked through a few and haven't seen or found anything that references or discusses making this swap. The part(s) number I am replacing is 15810-R70-A04.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I don't have a manual, but I did both heads.
To remove the spool it requires removing the rocker arm assembly.
Lots of YouTube videos on how to do a valve adjustment or how to do valve cover gaskets grommets and tube seals. After the valve cover is off you must unbolt the rocket arm assembly and spool and lift them both out together. The spool is seal with Honda bond, so this does take some effort. Slide the old spool off the rocker arm assembly. Clean old Honda bond off the head. I used Black high heat Permatex instead of Honda bond. There is nothing magical about Honda bond.
Note torque specs and bolt tightening pattern for everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot I really appreciate the help and pictures. I have been hitting dead end after dead end searching for how to do this repair.

Did you drain the oil first? If so did you drain any other fluids first?

Lots of YouTube videos on how to do a valve adjustment or how to do valve cover gaskets grommets and tube seals. After the valve cover is off you must unbolt the rocket arm assembly and spool and lift them both out together. The spool is seal with Honda bond, so this does take some effort. Slide the old spool off the rocker arm assembly. Clean old Honda bond off the head. I used Black high heat Permatex instead of Honda bond. There is nothing magical about Honda bond.
Note torque specs and bolt tightening pattern for everything.
View attachment 141113 View attachment 141116 View attachment 141117

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Note torque specs and bolt tightening pattern for everything
Thanks a lot I really appreciate the help and pictures. I have been hitting dead end after dead end searching for how to do this repair.

Did you drain the oil first? If so did you drain any other fluids first?
No need to drain fluids.
If your only doing the front head with dip stick, you could save some pain without completely removing the intake manifold. I'd do the Bundy Garage Hack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts