Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends! Greetings of the day!
Today in the am / wifey backed up the car while the garage door was not completely open. She is heart broken but am cool about it. I am researching a bit but sharing picture below and hopefully some of you can guide me on the cheapest way to fix it.
Also what are the concerns if I leave it as is for a year or so...
is it a DIY and any instructions anywhere ... it’s a Honda Pilot 2016 elite

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
The spoiler is a plastic part like the bumper covers and is shipped in primer to be paint-matched in the field. Unless you're an experienced painter with the right equipment, I doubt you'd get a satisfactory result with a DIY rattle-can job, so I'd just bite the bullet and take it to a body shop. These things tend to run $1000-$1500, more/less. May be worth making an insurance claim if your deductible is low.

if you want to postpone repairs, I'd use some duct tape or body tape to clean up the appearance and help keep water out. I doubt any water in there would lead to corrosion in the tailgate, but it should be monitored. Having said this, you're going to pay for this repair either now or later when you trade the car (the dealer will reduce their trade-in offer by at least the repair cost), so might as well fix it now. A 2016 is too new a car to let slide into beater status.

- Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. Are there no pre colored parts available?

The spoiler is a plastic part like the bumper covers and is shipped in primer to be paint-matched in the field. Unless you're an experienced painter with the right equipment, I doubt you'd get a satisfactory result with a DIY rattle-can job, so I'd just bite the bullet and take it to a body shop. These things tend to run $1000-$1500, more/less. May be worth making an insurance claim if your deductible is low.

if you want to postpone repairs, I'd use some duct tape or body tape to clean up the appearance and help keep water out. I doubt any water in there would lead to corrosion in the tailgate, but it should be monitored. Having said this, you're going to pay for this repair either now or later when you trade the car (the dealer will reduce their trade-in offer by at least the repair cost), so might as well fix it now. A 2016 is too new a car to let slide into beater status.

- Mark

·
Registered
222 Posts
Today in the am / wifey backed up the car while the garage door was not completely open. She is heart broken but am cool about it. I am researching a bit but sharing picture below and hopefully some of you can guide me on the cheapest way to fix it.
They come painted from Honda. One source is Bernardi Honda. It is $335.29 shipped from them. Take the internet with a grain of salt as it tends to be a huge source of false information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh thanks! That is awesome!
Also is there a site where they show how to do it. I am good at working on things but want to make sure I don’t screw something silly up big time. Could not find a video or may be I looked at the wrong place

They come painted from Honda. One source is Bernardi Honda. It is $335.29 shipped from them. Take the internet with a grain of salt as it tends to be a huge source of false information.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Did you have a chance to look in a junk yard? you may find the same color as the part that you need....

·
Registered
597 Posts
Take a look at car-part.com. lists most junkyards in the U.S and Canada but If its 335 as someone said painted thats the route id go.... Easier

·
Registered
57 Posts
A few years ago, local body shop replaced my a spoiler on an 03 Pilot. It came painted. You can check price at Majestic Honda of Lincoln RI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts