Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that one of the passenger door side panels on our silver Pilot appears 'splotchy' when the light hits it at a certain angle. I tried spraying Armour All on it but that didn't work. Looks like grease or something is permanently embedded in the paint of the side panel. Any suggestions on how to attempt to remove it?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Can you define splotchy ... or post a picture ...

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
I got this one PRG.

genedoc breathe a little easier it is actually ok on the Silver Pilot. I've been up and down a number of roads with the paint on my Pilot and found this to unfortunately be part of the deal with this color. As you polish and wax it the blotchiness will be less noticeable but over all it will not completely go away. I had a paint shop representative as well as the regional honda rep and an engineer on this. They also bought up that due to the amount of the metallic and the lightness of the silver you will get some reflections such as this. I found the center of my hood to exhibit the same behavior. The paint guy was also able to show me a light gold Dodge which did the same thing. I would not be surprised if the Havasu and Sandstone do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Oh that BLOTCHINESS ... ok ...

:29: thanks Banningjr

PrG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too

Genedoc,

I have the same thing on my silver pilot. Small blotchy areas on the quarter panel near the gas cap. We couldn't clean them off, either...

KR:3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts