Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Splash Guards Installed

9K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  jpeterham 
#1 ·
Did a quick search to see if anyone had already posted photos of the splash guards installed, and didn't see any, so figured I'd share a few pics. Just had mine installed along with door edge films. Very unobtrusive looking and complement the lines I think.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
Picked up my Pilot today and installed the splash guards in my garage this evening. Pretty easy install. I was slightly hesitant about cutting into the rear fender liners but the perforations weren't hard to find.

I used a socket wrench and adapter with a Phillips drill bit so that I didn't have to take the rear wheels off.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#21 ·
Picked up my Pilot today and installed the splash guards in my garage this evening. Pretty easy install. I was slightly hesitant about cutting into the rear fender liners but the perforations weren't hard to find. I used a socket wrench and adapter with a Phillips drill bit so that I didn't have to take the rear wheels off. View attachment 166399 View attachment 166398 was it hard figuring out where to cut to install the clips? I didn't get a chance to look at mine yet with all this rain.

#19 ·
I just did it myself yesterday. Took me about 1.5 hrs total. The front were very quick, the back took longer due to having to cut into the wheel well (it's kind of a thick, rigid felt-like material) and fit a couple of spring nuts through on each side, and I wasn't working with great lighting. I also used a ratcheting socket wrench with Phillips head.

#34 ·
Very Satisfying how they perfectly aligned with the tire. The front are absolutely simple to install because you can turn the wheel for more room. No cuts just self tapping screws. The rears are a bit more involved. I had just washed the car so my wheel liners (carpeted material) was sopping wet and made inserting the clip nuts difficult. Brutal on the old fingertips trying to get the clips to slide into the slits. Then if you don't have a ratcheting screwdriver tool, I just used a screw bit and a pliers to drive the self tapping screws in. But overall an easy install.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

#36 ·
They prevent dirt, debris, foreign objects, and snow from being projected onto the vehicle while driving thus preventing both damage and minimizing excessive dirt buildup. For me, I've added them to two of my three Pilots and they minimize trips to the car wash. I'm waiting on UPS today so I can install them on Pilot #3.

#39 ·
An interesting observation I've found is that the black plastic area behind the rear splash guards on the lower bumper attracts dust like crazy. There must be some odd wind vortex created behind the splash guards. Most of the car stays pretty clean and I just wipe this spot daily
Hood Bumper Vehicle door Rectangle Automotive exterior

#51 ·
Did a quick search to see if anyone had already posted photos of the splash guards installed, and didn't see any, so figured I'd share a few pics. Just had mine installed along with door edge films. Very unobtrusive looking and complement the lines I think.

How do you like the Steel Metallic Gray? I'm deciding between that and am thinking the gray will show dirt less?