Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot came with front and rear splash guards dealer preinstalled.

I'm in los angeles, where rain is not typically something you get much or often ( except for the deluges from El nino).

however the two times that it has rained here since July, the splash guards seem to be totally ineffective. I typically end up with all the road dirt coating the side of the vehicle, from right below the windows to the door steps. I though the purpose of splash guards was to keep the raod water/dirt from splashing up.

Anyone else have this observation?

·
Registered
481 Posts
actually, I found the guards to work very well. as soon as i installed them, no more splashing on the rear of the car. . .

·
Registered
919 Posts
When driving in the rain you'll still get the streaks up on the sides as rain water will whip around at speed. What they really protect against are the much thicker mud/gunk streaks right behind each tire well. I don't get much at all on the sides but I have the sidesteps on.

Chris

·
Registered
266 Posts
You will still have some splashing that the guards do not catch. If you made them large enough to stop all the mud and water they would be unsightly. For me their primary purpose is stopping the gravel that the tires throw before it hits paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts