Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , does anyone is using SpitFire Tuning Chip. I plugged in chip to OBD2 on my 2019 Pilot Elite and looks like overall performance increased. By the way I also had installed S-VCM. May I get my warranty void?

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
Hi , does anyone is using SpitFire Tuning Chip. I plugged in chip to OBD2 on my 2019 Pilot Elite and looks like overall performance increased. By the way I also had installed S-VCM. May I get my warranty void?
Never used one. Got a link for info about it?

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Imagine if you could start taking those 75 mph curves at 80, or higher.
More efficiently. A little air fuel ratio change could prove beneficial.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,438 Posts
Thinking it’s better isn’t the same as actual improvement. Typically these types of things merely change the response of the throttle. Ie more revs for a certain amount of pedal movement.
think of it like going from winter mode to sport

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Thinking it’s better isn’t the same as actual improvement. Typically these types of things merely change the response of the throttle. Ie more revs for a certain amount of pedal movement.
think of it like going from winter mode to sport
Boo! Lol
I think these engines could burn a little hotter with the excellent cooling system these vehicles have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason after driving about 1,500 miles still have codes EGR and EVAP not ready. Went to Honda dealer for NYS inspection and I guess illegally pass it. After I check codes again codes EGR, EVAP did not disappear and gain 2 more O2S and CAT.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
How would that work? Your current ECU will keep a/f ratio at a stoichiometric level - 14.7.

none of these "chips" actually work.
You can't seriously think that this device provides 45% or more horsepower and 40% more torque as advertised.
I'm not sold/convinced at all.

Reactions: Hondapark

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
I have the chip disconnected, only S-VCM is connected, because codes EGR and EVAP not clearing.
What are the code numbers exactly?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, these are all snake oil sad to say. This isn't 40 years ago where a cold air intake and a tune could net you some decent hp gains. The stock ECU tuning and engine components are so tightly tuned for maximum emissions and efficiency these days that there is no "easy cheap horsepower" left. The forced induction guys can manage some easy power gains by cranking the boost a couple psi, but even there you can't gain much before you have to start swapping components.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Yeah, these are all snake oil sad to say. This isn't 40 years ago where a cold air intake and a tune could net you some decent hp gains. The stock ECU tuning and engine components are so tightly tuned for maximum emissions and efficiency these days that there is no "easy cheap horsepower" left. The forced induction guys can manage some easy power gains by cranking the boost a couple psi, but even there you can't gain much before you have to start swapping components.
When you read more power and better fuel economy, something's wrong. Lol

·
Registered
2021 EX-L
24 Posts
I would absolutely not recommend plugging in some "tuner" from eBay into your $40k SUV. There's a 0% chance of a positive outcome from that. This isn't the old days anymore, you can't just dick around with the ECU and other systems without knowing what you're doing. While there are legit companies that do aftermarket tuning (mainly on forced induction vehicles), they will actually tune the car on a dyno and create individualized results specific to your vehicle. Whatever this chip is doing (if anything at all) only stands to cause trouble for you and you definitely will not see any performance or fuel economy improvements.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.