Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Speedometer Accuracy

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  bengelking 
#1 ·
Has anyone had their Pilot Speedometer tested for accuracy? In the past 3 Accords, the Speedometer has been reading between 8 to 11 per cent faster than actual speed. The local Auto Club is scheduled to have a testing in a few weeks but, thought I would see if anyone has had their Pilot tested.

Thanks,
Henry:rolleyes:

#3 ·
QUICK AND EASY...

For those Pilot owners that have an after-market GPS receiver, most of them will display speed pretty accurately. The GPS-displayed MPH can then be compared to the Pilot speedometer.

#4 ·
Noticed mine is fast

During the drive home Picked it up 800 miles from home) I passed several of those radar speed signs.
Here is what I noticed;
Speedo said 50, sign said 52/53
(painted sign above said 40, but not sure that that was for :)

#8 ·
Mine too seems pretty accurate compared to those radar speed signs [within 1 mph]. What does it mean when those signs flash your speed at you with red numbers?

#9 ·
No numbers to worry about

Don't worry. Over here in Germany, there are no numbers or cops to worry about. Just nice little camera boxes everywhere. Up to you to figure out if there is really a camera in the box. If you are wrong and driving too fast, snap and a bill in the mail ;) And just when you figured out where all the stationary cameras are near your house, they put up the mobile cameras. And even though the Autobahn is unlimited on most stretches, it is very strictly 30mph (50kph) in town and 18mph (30 kph) in many residential areas/school zones.

P.S. Will work on getting a picture of the speedometer and tachometer at 100mph as soon as I break it in. :1:

Attachments

#11 ·
A very PRUDENT idea!!

autobahn said:
...Over here in Germany, there are no numbers or cops to worry about. Just nice little camera boxes everywhere. ... it is very strictly 30mph (50kph) in town and 18mph (30 kph) in many residential areas/school zones. ...
I suspect thatlike most things in Germany they actaully did some testing and DETERMINED that 30MPH in town & <b> 18 MPH </b> on RESIDENTIAL STREETS is actually a VERY VERY GOOD IDEA!!!

I don't mean to sound preachy, but MOST people drive way TOO FAST on RESIDENTIAL STREETS. The autobhn/expressway is one thing, but with KIDS, PETS, older folks BACKING INTO TRAFFIC and all the other potential for disaster drivers just ought to SLOW DOWN ON REISDENTIAL STREETS! In most cases you''l only be on the street for 3-4 minutes before you get on a feeder street, so speeding in such cases barely uses an extra time at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.