Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the dealer ordering some CRV parts strolling through the lot. Many companies not doing "black" editions any longer as it may be taken the wrong way, now is midnight , nightfall etc.

Dealer had a "SPECIAL" edition. All blacked out, except chrome window trim still. This one had the EX-L version projector lights, but had the 9 speed tranny not 6 and they gave it the 20" rims?

The BE was I think up one from Elite with the non projector headlights etc. Pictures of special and BE.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Honda has traditionally released SE trims for a model’s final MY before a redesign is introduced. The SE trim adds additional features to the EX-L trim and is available in 5 exterior colors including black. All 2021 trim levels now include the 8” Infotainment screen and 9-Speed AT. Also for 2021, the BE is now available in White Platinum Pearl.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Many companies not doing "black" editions any longer as it may be taken the wrong way
I can't handle all the PC going on in this country right now. Using the word "black" to describe trim on a car is about as offensive as using the word "white" to describe a piece of copy paper.

But anyway, to the point of your post. I think the wheels on both are ugly and I never cared for the multi-reflector look on the Elite and Touring post-facelift. I prefer the single projector of the lower trims.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 2020 black edition bought past DEC. Mine has dual "moonroofs" as well. smaller in front then bigger over back, back doesn't open in addition to everything blacked out. I love my black edition, the wife loves it and is trying to make it hers ;)

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I have the 2020 black edition bought past DEC. Mine has dual "moonroofs" as well. smaller in front then bigger over back, back doesn't open in addition to everything blacked out. I love my black edition, the wife loves it and is trying to make it hers ;)
Did you poll your neighbors and coworkers first to make sure the trim level didn't offend anyone?;)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I bought mine last January and loved everything you said about the BE, however, the wife didn't like it, she's more of the chrome type person.. It's good I convinced her that chrome is a thing of the past.. :)

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy wife........happy life....Which would open up the opportunity for you to get something else like a stick shift only Civic SI, or some other SUV you might want to try out, OR it's just that 3rd Ring of Marriage and you have to settle.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I can't handle all the PC going on in this country right now. Using the word "black" to describe trim on a car is about as offensive as using the word "white" to describe a piece of copy paper.
uggh.. the world we live in now.. I'm happy to see there's none of these PC happening here in this forum..

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,702 Posts
Wow...I know it's all marketing but it seems stupid to me. None of those features are worth anything to me. Wireless charging doesn't help me when I'm driving because I may want to be holding my phone in my hand while it's charging.

I know the 2008 and 2015 Pilot SE trims were cloth seats, but they had sunroof and RES. I wonder why Honda decided to make it more "fancy" than EX-L. I really enjoyed the '08 and '15 SEs because a sunroof is my main requirement in a car, but I can do without leather.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow...I know it's all marketing but it seems stupid to me. None of those features are worth anything to me. Wireless charging doesn't help me when I'm driving because I may want to be holding my phone in my hand while it's charging.

I know the 2008 and 2015 Pilot SE trims were cloth seats, but they had sunroof and RES. I wonder why Honda decided to make it more "fancy" than EX-L. I really enjoyed the '08 and '15 SEs because a sunroof is my main requirement in a car, but I can do without leather.
My bet is the same reason they made the 9-speed standard. I think they’re trying to use up as much parts inventory as they can. Less popular options including wireless charging, RES, and others. I’m fairly confident they’ll switch the Pilot and MDX to the 10-speed for the next gen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts