Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Where can I find OEM spark plugs for my 2008 Pilot in Canada? I dont trust Amazon, plus its too expensve, 30$ / plug.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Nice to have options, but there's no justification for NAPA's unreasonable price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my NGK Laser Iridiums at Canadian Tire about five years ago, but now there's also Rockauto.com, though you have to figure shipping. Compare and see which is more advantageous for you.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ngk-laser-iridium-spark-plug-1-pk-0183619p.html

More Information for NGK 3657

Other variables include taxes, the 5% Piloteers discount, time, etc. Post what you eventually decide and why.
Thanks! Is it worth it though to put OEM plugs? Whats the next best thing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my NGK Laser Iridiums at Canadian Tire about five years ago, but now there's also Rockauto.com, though you have to figure shipping. Compare and see which is more advantageous for you.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ngk-laser-iridium-spark-plug-1-pk-0183619p.html

More Information for NGK 3657

Other variables include taxes, the 5% Piloteers discount, time, etc. Post what you eventually decide and why.
Thanks! RockAuto seems the cheapest option. RA is also recommending coil on plug boots - is that necessary?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Canadian Tire's site has been wonky for me tonight, and I find it often is.

Anyway, I calculated 6 of those and here's the total I got shipping to Montreal.I don't know where you are.

Here's a tip: RA has options to pay directly from your bank account in Canadian dollars, so you don't have your credit card company take their vig on the exchange rate.

And look what happens when I enter the 5% discount code and hit Enter on my keyboard. Woohoo, it's applied.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
BTW, yes, you absolutely want those OEM NGK Laser Iridiums. (Or at least the Denso Iridium Long Life.) There are many tales of woe from people who got something else, Stick with those NGKs to save yourself some grief.

Those coil on plug boots? Not essential unless you can see you really need them. I didn't.

And once again, just so you don't forget...

5% Discount Code: 61F8C3AFDC21E1
Expires: May 12, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, yes, you absolutely want those OEM NGK Laser Iridiums. (Or at least the Denso Iridium Long Life.) There are many tales of woe from people who got something else, Stick with those NGKs to save yourself some grief.

Those coil on plug boots? Not essential unless you can see you really need them. I didn't.

And once again, just so you don't forget...
Thanks mate! I'm sold on Rockauto - and yes, I get the same 7$ shipping to Toronto.

I do have a question, what plug boots would you recommend? The NGK one seems to be out of stock :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Still cheaper than Amazon, apparently.
Not from what I can see.

Amazon.ca : NGK IZFR5K-11

However, and this is a big however, there have been many reports of fakes on Amazon recently, so you emptors had better caveat real good. I would no longer risk it, personally.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
What about those new Roofie plugs NG's been talking about?

the Rutheniums? Something like that?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

I bought Rutheniums at RockAuto a month or so ago and at the time they cost less than the Iridiums. They're working fine in my 2012. More pep, faster cold starts. Worth looking at.
Fits 2009-2019. Right now they show up at ~$48US for 6, dunno about shipping:
2012 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Spark Plug | RockAuto

·
Registered
9,507 Posts

NGK Ruthenium HX plugs apparantly are not available for a 2008 model. Didn't see them on RA. Otherwise, yes, I could recommend.
The OE plug for the 2008 model is also lower in price than for other V6s for some reason. I would just buy the OE.....

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I bought Rutheniums at RockAuto a month or so ago and at the time they cost less than the Iridiums. They're working fine in my 2012. More pep, faster cold starts.
"More pep, faster cold starts" with the Ruthenium plugs compared to a new set of Iridium plugs, or compared to your old worn out plugs?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
"More pep, faster cold starts" with the Ruthenium plugs compared to a new set of Iridium plugs, or compared to your old worn out plugs?
B ...."or compared to your old worn out plugs."
I didn't put in new Iridiums test them and then take them out and put in new Rutheniums. WhaddahYouThinkThisIsHere? ....Project Farm?
OK, point taken, doesn't prove much of anything, especially that they are any better than Iridiums. Only time will tell on Lifespan. But I also don't know if my "old worn out plugs" were causing any problems or when their lifespan ended. So just ignore me.:cool:

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
B ...."or compared to your old worn out plugs."
I didn't put in new Iridiums test them and then take them out and put in new Rutheniums. WhaddahYouThinkThisIsHere? ....Project Farm?
OK, point taken, doesn't prove much of anything, especially that they are any better than Iridiums.
It's a similar situation with the consumer reviews on the TireRack site.
Virtually everyone is comparing the performance of their brand new tires with their old worn out set.
One would expect that the new tires would offer an improvement.

TireRack also posts the results of their own controlled comparison tests of brand new tires.
Yet, at least one Piloteer distrusts those test results - suggesting that payola must be involved - because his favorite brand of cheap tires is never ranked first in those tests.

So just ignore me.:cool:
If you absolutely insist. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts