Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2020 Honda Pilot and was wanting to know if it will hold a full size spare tire and wheel where the manufacturer spare is located.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
The spare is located under the rear of the vehicle.

To lower the spare, open the rear hatch, you'll need to grab the tools in the rear left cubby and then move the storage floor lid and you should see a rubber gasket plug.

You'll take the tool from the cubby and spin which will lower the spare tire.

Yes. It will fit a full size spare as it's designed for you to put your full size tire back in there.

When you're pulling the tire back up, you need to make sure the tire is level and you should hear 2 loud clicks once it's fully seated. Otherwise keep going.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
I have not lowered my spare tire in 16 years so I'm guaranteed to have a few surprises...
Whether you experience this existential question sooner because of a fully developed prefrontal cortex, or later perhaps on the side of a cold dark winter road, is of itself a mind-blowing existential question.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
I have not lowered my spare tire in 16 years so I'm guaranteed to have a few surprises...
That tire is definitely expired.

You should consider changing it out, in an emergency it will probably work fine but I wouldn't trust it on the highway or any distance longer than nearest tire shop.

Tires typically have an expiration of about 6 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think I've lowered my spare in the 9 years I've owned my Pilot.

Last weekend I had the vehicle on jack stands while replacing the shocks and when I saw the spare I decided to check the air pressure (how many of you have check the spare's pressure?). After reading the user manual to find out how to lower the spare, it had 14 psi--not the recommended 60 psi. I had to recharge my portable compressor 3 times to inflate the spare to 60 psi.

At 14 psi, the spare would have been of little use if I had needed it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
I don't think I've lowered my spare in the 9 years I've owned my Pilot.

Last weekend I had the vehicle on jack stands while replacing the shocks and when I saw the spare I decided to check the air pressure (how many of you have check the spare's pressure?). After reading the user manual to find out how to lower the spare, it had 14 psi--not the recommended 60 psi. I had to recharge my portable compressor 3 times to inflate the spare to 60 psi.

At 14 psi, the spare would have been of little use if I had needed it.
Not only that, but what year is your Pilot? Bet your spare has that not-so-fresh feeling.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not only that, but what year is your Pilot? Bet your spare has that not-so-fresh feeling.:D
You are probably right:oops: but I don't want to think about it....:ROFLMAO: Is the rim for the spare a "normal" rim (i.e., can I mount a real tire onto the spare rim)?

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
You are probably right:oops: but I don't want to think about it....:ROFLMAO: Is the rim for the spare a "normal" rim (i.e., can I mount a real tire onto the spare rim)?
No, it's a donut.
If you would like to look for a used rim, go to...
www.car-part.com
Year
Make
Model
Axle & Brakes > Wheel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts