Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Pilot EX, tires are 245/65/17 currently.

Looking to put a full size spare on. Friend has a 245/70/17 he can give me.

Thoughts? Would it work out OK if I have to use it?

·
Registered
2011 Pilot LX 4WD w/ S-VCM
1 Posts
It should definitely work in a 17in rim. It will affect handling probably, but it should be unnoticeable from your current tires. As long as the bolt pattern for the rim is the same (I believe it's 5x120). I found a nifty site a while back called wheel-size.com and it has a calculator that tells you what happens, or what you would feel would happen, if you swap out your factory tires with different sized tires. Your 2009 pilot would be this one: Honda Pilot 2009 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should definitely work in a 17in rim. It will affect handling probably, but it should be unnoticeable from your current tires. As long as the bolt pattern for the rim is the same (I believe it's 5x120). I found a nifty site a while back called wheel-size.com and it has a calculator that tells you what happens, or what you would feel would happen, if you swap out your factory tires with different sized tires. Your 2009 pilot would be this one: Honda Pilot 2009 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs
Sweet! I'll check it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts