Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there somewhere I can buy a drill bit that can fit the honda spare tire metal square so I don't have to manually crank it down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found a combination of adaptors that will let you use a drill to lower the tire. When I get home I can send a picture. Between lowering the spare and jacking up the car it would take an hour to change a flat. I think I counted 200 revolutions of the jack handle to raise the car when I tested it out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I found a combination of adaptors that will let you use a drill to lower the tire. When I get home I can send a picture. Between lowering the spare and jacking up the car it would take an hour to change a flat. I think I counted 200 revolutions of the jack handle to raise the car when I tested it out.
I have lowered and raised the spare tire several times. I don't think it has taken more than 5 minutes to do either direction by hand. Seems tedious but not that time consuming. I do put a socket on a ratchet to do it though because I don't like pulling the spare wrench out of the side compartment. You need a 1/2 inch square drive socket since the cable is operated by turning the square "plug" for lack of a better word. I have a set of 8 point sockets that one of them works well. I could also use a battery operated drill I have and chuck a 1/2 drive extension into the drill with the 1/2 square drive of the extension being used as a socket.

Reactions: EFICTION

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is there somewhere I can buy a drill bit that can fit the honda spare tire metal square so I don't have to manually crank it down.
A 1/2" Square socket adapter bit should work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A 1/2" Square socket adapter bit should work?

Wouldn't you need the opposite of that; a 1/2" square socket rather than a socket adaptor? That is why I used the part of the cars jack that has the 1/2" socket.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wouldn't you need the opposite of that; a 1/2" square socket rather than a socket adaptor? That is why I used the part of the cars jack that has the 1/2" socket.
Yes, you need a socket (female) not just the male adapter as shown.

Reactions: Cookio

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts