Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The small (1-inch) space between my drivers seat and the console is currently holding some of my possessions hostage! As we speak it currently has my pen, a 5 dollar bill and a postcard ----that have accidently dropped down there. I have tried to retrieve these items with no success. My hand is too big t fit in the space. I've tried to get them out with my hand vac---but that didn't work.

:rolleyes:

Is your Pilot holding your possessions hostage in that space between the seat and console?:3:

You better go look!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
jtvicknair said:
The small (1-inch) space between my drivers seat and the console is currently holding some of my possessions hostage! As we speak it currently has my pen, a 5 dollar bill and a postcard ----that have accidently dropped down there. I have tried to retrieve these items with no success. My hand is too big t fit in the space. I've tried to get them out with my hand vac---but that didn't work.

:rolleyes:

Is your Pilot holding your possessions hostage in that space between the seat and console?:3:

You better go look!!
I just went out and looked at mine. I think I spotted another one of your pens and a $10 bill!!! :eek:

:2:

·
Registered
164 Posts
No just some popcorn that one of my kids threw over there while they were watching a DVD.;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I guess we'll have to invest in on of those Mechanics three pronged flexible grabber thingys.

·
Registered
465 Posts
two petrified french fries
ATM receipt
a dime
pen

·
Registered
91 Posts
4 calling birds
3 Freedom hens
2 turtle doves
and a partride in a pear tree

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Only a paper clip down there right now, but it has claimed my ATM card, various receipts, pens, and the odd french fry in the past. I have a pair of L-O-N-G tweezers that have worked well for me in retrieving items from that crevasse and other nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Another spot to watch

On the center console there is a cover door that slides open and shut over the storage area. Yesterday it was shut and I put some change on top of it because I went through a drive-in and didn't want to take the time to take off my seat belt and put the change in my pocket. Guess what-----the change slide back under the little space between the door and the top of the console cover and fell into the center console. Can't get that with the three-pronged helper.:mad:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
jtvicknair said:
...Is your Pilot holding your possessions hostage in that space between the seat and console?...
It had $5 a month ago, but I was able to fish it out. I've been more carefull since then.

Better hope you tax filling didn't fall in there. :2:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
LOL!

swoon said:
4 calling birds
3 Freedom hens
2 turtle doves
and a partride in a pear tree
I just had to laugh at this! Hilarious
You and Kemo must hang out?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Another spot to watch

copilot said:
On the center console there is a cover door that slides open and shut over the storage area. Yesterday it was shut and I put some change on top of it because I went through a drive-in and didn't want to take the time to take off my seat belt and put the change in my pocket. Guess what-----the change slide back under the little space between the door and the top of the console cover and fell into the center console. Can't get that with the three-pronged helper.:mad:

And NEVER put a credit card there! :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have found that a Colt 1911 combat commander (in it's holster of course) fits very nicely in the gap. So now it is filled and nothing further can fall down in between and no car jacker is going to be joy riding in the wife's car!!
Now if I could just talk my wife into a Kimber for the other side I'd be set!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
booger said:
I have found that a Colt 1911 combat commander (in it's holster of course) fits very nicely in the gap. So now it is filled and nothing further can fall down in between and no car jacker is going to be joy riding in the wife's car!!
Now if I could just talk my wife into a Kimber for the other side I'd be set!!
Booger... Could you translate please? Are we talkin' weapons here, buddy? :13:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one!

I suppose if I did it, someone else must've done it too. So far I've only dropped a couple of coins there! It bugs me because I can see a penny there every time I look! Have to go find some long stick to fish it out ... OK I don't want the penny, it just bothers me :mad:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Coat hanger unwound with a blob of chewing gum on the end.
:D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Another spot to watch

copilot said:
I thought there was a way to take the drink holder out of the center console and move it back a notch. I know there's a tread here somewhere that explains it. As I remember there are two notches on either side of the cup holder which can fit into any of 3 notches on either side of the center console. Maybe that will allow you to get to that change. Maybe you can get an extra drop of gas with that dime.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've taken a cardboard tube (like from paper towels) and crushed them flat to become an extension to my vacuum wand. It works for french fries.

Dallas

·
Registered
248 Posts
Translation for Sage

No, it's not a weapon, it's household/automobile protection.
It's a firearm first and only becomes a weapon if used against someone.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts