Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I test drove the Pilot I was a bit concerned about the very small space between the front seats and the center console. I believe someone else referred to it as the ultimate dust trap. Yesterday as I was removing my work badge I accidentially caught it on my necklace. The chain broke and my rather expensive diamond pendant fell into this small space. I tried from every angle possible to remove it with my hand and there was no way I could come close to reaching it. When I got home I tried every long skinny object I could find to reach the pendant and no luck. I ended up putting some double face tape on the end of a yard stick and finnally retrieved my pendant. So...my message to the group is be very careful or you to may loose something in this "black hole of Calcutta!!!"

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
RNPilot said:
When I test drove the Pilot I was a bit concerned about the very small space between the front seats and the center console. I believe someone else referred to it as the ultimate dust trap. Yesterday as I was removing my work badge I accidentially caught it on my necklace. The chain broke and my rather expensive diamond pendant fell into this small space. I tried from every angle possible to remove it with my hand and there was no way I could come close to reaching it. When I got home I tried every long skinny object I could find to reach the pendant and no luck. I ended up putting some double face tape on the end of a yard stick and finnally retrieved my pendant. So...my message to the group is be very careful or you to may loose something in this "black hole of Calcutta!!!"
Well thank goodness you were ingenious enough to get it out. Thanks for sharing your happy ending! Beware the black hole!:eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a problem on lots of vehicles! The type of thing happened to me with my last car. Just gotta try to be careful.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would also recomend that IF you have a digital camera, that you do NOT leave the flash card on the arm rest, even for a nanosecond.

Otherwise you'll be buying a new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stick for the Gap

I've had coins and pens fall out of my pants pocket, some pretzels manage to find their way in, and, most recently, a checkbook make the trip. I went into the garage and made a stick from some doweling, adding a magnet to one end. It normally resides in the driver's door bin until something gets dropped in the canyon between the seats and the console. Then it's push, pull, or flip the object back out.

The bad part is the gap under the seat mount where something can get dropped and then instantly vanish. That will probably take a different tool.

·
Registered
112 Posts
yup...flash memory ....loves magnets.....hehehehee

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the Honda web site shows a retractable retrieval stick as a dealer accessory. $30 for the stick and $20 for the install (they put it in the glove box). :jester:

·
Registered
395 Posts
bgeraldo said:
This is a problem on lots of vehicles.
While getting my Accord ready to trade in, I was cleaning the floor under the driver's seat and in one of those crevices found some old M&Ms.....

and NO, I didn't try them!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Len said:
While getting my Accord ready to trade in, I was cleaning the floor under the driver's seat and in one of those crevices found some old M&Ms.....
and NO, I didn't try them!
:16:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Retrieval tool kit

Dowel rod - well masticated chewing gum (Double Bubble recommended)...
:jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3: :jump3:

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's designed to be a great place to hide that extra house key. Bad guys won't be able to see it and even if they could it would take them too long to get it out! :D

Seriously for a moment, I was thinking about putting a little strip of carpet colored cloth down there so that when something fell in there I could simply pull the strip of cloth forward or backward so that the dropped object would slide out with the cloth that it was resting on. Think this would work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts