Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you might have noticed that I haven't been around in about the past week, and that my emails have been erratic, so I thought I'd share with you what I've been up to. After all, you guys are a part of my day :)

So my wife and I went on a small vacation on Friday through Monday to Hershey PA, and visited the Strasburg railroad and Amish country. Nice little vacation. What I didn't know is that on Friday our UPS computer went down and did a physical memory dump :eek: . Our resident computer repair company came out, replaced the motherboard, and had it up and running, just long enough for him to pack up and leave. He came back the next day (Monday), and tried replacing every part in the machine, but nothing. He had to take it back into the shop in Rochester to do a complete recover and reload. :3:

In the meantime, I walked in on Tuesday, and we were backed up approximately 85 orders :eek: , with about half as many angry customers wondering where their orders are. Shawn and I shipped as much as we could manually with an old book and making up paper labels, emailing tracking numbers manually, but that really cut our shipping efficiency. We were here until around 10PM on Tuesday night catching up, and Wednesday afternoon, our computers came back up. In the meantime, 2 days of tracking were lost, so I'm still trying to scramble to locate a few tracking numbers for orders that shipped.

So to those of you who have experienced problems with Hondacuraworld in shipping and response times this past week, I offer my apologies. All I've been able to do is try to keep my wits about me and bang out orders as fast as I can.

Moral of the story: Vacation is just a postponement :(

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Ah, so thats where my cargo mat is!

Hope you got to the Strasburg RY, the PA RR and TTA museums. Is the Red Caboose Motel still operating?

Best regards,

Walt Kuleck

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tim,

Sorry to hear about the troubles, and being a computer guy I know how things go, there is a Murphy's law I could use but I will restrain myself.

I also wanted to let you know that I got my order last week, BEFORE we got our Pilot, it seems the truck with the Pilot was delayed for a day or two and that set the whole thing back. Even with all of the problems you delivered better than Honda.

Thanks!:D

p.s. I will be ordering the Side Steps and soon as everything there gets a little easier and you get the group buy up on Hondacuraworld , but take your time I am in no rush.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordinary_Guy said:
Ah, so thats where my cargo mat is!

Hope you got to the Strasburg RY, the PA RR and TTA museums. Is the Red Caboose Motel still operating?

Best regards,

Walt Kuleck
Oh, of course!

The Strasburg RR was running Number 31, the 2-6-0 switcher, which is the only train that I haven't rode on. The PA RR museum has some nice new pieces that are done since I was there last year as well. We make the trip once or twice a year as my little boy is a train fanatic (and he's made his daddy into one too :) )

The Red Caboose motel is still operating, but we've never stayed there as we've heard too many horror stories about roaches and bad water. In fact last time we were there the Board of Health locked the place up for contaminated drinking water.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Tim: I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation, and am sorry to hear about the computer problems!

Thanks for the update.:D

Looking forward to getting the goodies for our new CRV!:2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
hope you enjoyed the vacation....
I have a funny anicdode due to Tim's computer mess-up...

I sent Tim a email to get the tracking number for the Cargo Mat orger and tim sent it to me.....when I tracked it said delivered April 06 (mind you this was on May 06) so I thought they delived it today.... (stay with me I am a little goofy!!!)

What tim had actually sent me was a tracking number of a order I had placed last month :p ....

Ok so I reach home and there is not UPS packet by my front door. I call UPS and am asking them where is my packet which was supposedly left on my door today....and just then I realize that its May, not April....so I sheepisly appologise to the UPS folks...:1pat:

anyways Tim sent the right UPS order number the next day...

I thought the whole episode was rather funny.... :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
...In the meantime, I walked in on Tuesday, and we were backed up approximately 85 orders :eek: , with about half as many angry customers wondering where their orders are. Shawn and I shipped as much as we could manually with an old book and making up paper labels, emailing tracking numbers manually, but that really cut our shipping efficiency. We were here until around 10PM on Tuesday night catching up, and Wednesday afternoon, our computers came back up. In the meantime, 2 days of tracking were lost, so I'm still trying to scramble to locate a few tracking numbers for orders that shipped...
Ugh, what a mess. Sounds like you need another vacataion. ;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Sooooo.....here's the story

tim.s said:
Ugh, what a mess. Sounds like you need another vacataion. ;)
kemosabe ===> :twak: <=== tim.s

Tim P. -- hope you and Shawn get back to "bizness as usual" soon after that computer fiasco!!! Hang in there, pal!!!!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ramirami said:
hope you enjoyed the vacation....
I have a funny anicdode due to Tim's computer mess-up...

I sent Tim a email to get the tracking number for the Cargo Mat orger and tim sent it to me.....when I tracked it said delivered April 06 (mind you this was on May 06) so I thought they delived it today.... (stay with me I am a little goofy!!!)

What tim had actually sent me was a tracking number of a order I had placed last month :p ....

Ok so I reach home and there is not UPS packet by my front door. I call UPS and am asking them where is my packet which was supposedly left on my door today....and just then I realize that its May, not April....so I sheepisly appologise to the UPS folks...:1pat:

anyways Tim sent the right UPS order number the next day...

I thought the whole episode was rather funny.... :2: :2: :2:
Open mouth...insert foot! Too funny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts