Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello All,
My wife and I will be owners of an EX-L w/DVD entertainment system in a few days. We have placed our deposit and the pilot is set to arrive at the end of Dec.

FYI, we shopped for the pilot using the internet and went strickly through the internet sales people at several local dealerships in Houston, TX. We solicited offers from several buyers and ended up at about $2200 below MSRP. We also were able to get the towing package below their standard price (we pay $1100 vs $1495?). The good news is that you can purchase a pilot below MSRP in Houston and that internet shopping saves much of the hassle of typical car shopping.

Before we totally consumate the transaction, is there any last minute advise from you current pilot owners?

I've enjoyed all the posts to date and learned much that helped in our purchase...thx all.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Awesome deal !! 2200 bucks,,, wish I waited a bit!

good job

rob

·
Registered
91 Posts
Damn Carnal ... Now I know who to contact next time I plan to buy a car. Are you as good in house purchasing? :D :eek:

Great job and welcome.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good job Carnal

:eek: $2,200.00 is a lots of money to be save Carnal. Oh! By the way congratulation and welcome to the Honda-Pilot.org. Here you find just about anything you need to know about your new vehicle from good to bad; from worth to ugly. Good lucky

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd give you all an update. We picked up our Nighthawk Black EX-L RES on Saturday. It's REALLY nice. Its only been a few days, but so far a great ride. :cool:

So far we have not experienced the rattles and clunks that I've heard about from other owners. We're keeping our fingers crossed...lol.

Anyway, for the Houston crowd, we bought the car from McDavid Honda through internet sales person Will Richardson. Great job (so far) and walk out price including accessories of about $33.84k. If you would like more info just email me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually followed the advise of Edmunds in their recent article on internet buying. I did not use a internet buying service.

I first looked up the 7 or 8 local honda dealerships (through the Honda web site). Then i obtained the email addresses of each internet sales department at each dealership. I then sent out my request for pricing to each dealerships internet sales people. For some dealerships the internet sales people have their own email addresses, for others I used their dealership web sites (request a quote links). I only received 5 responses. Of these only three were competitive. I then sent each of the three another email asking them for the "walk out" price that includes TT&L. Once i selected the seller, we discussed delivery, etc.

All in all a pretty good experience. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts