Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Pilot with 183k miles.

In testing my TPMS sensors I found that the little tire location lights on the right side of the vehicle diagram don’t come on. The ones on the left side of the little vehicle diagram do come on. Anyone know why?

I tested by lowering tire pressure to 20psi in each tire one at a time, driving, and observing what happened on the little vehicle diagram. I do get the tire tread + ! symbol for each tire with low pressure. (My main problem is the “TPMS” light is coming on and I’m trying to see if one of my wheel transmitters is bad.)

BTW, Does anyone know if my Pilot has 2 TPMS control units and where they are located if I need to replace them?

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
If your TPMS dash light is turning on then there should be a diagnostic code stored. You might want to clear codes first (disconnect battery negative for 10 minutes then reconnect) since what you did lowering all tires pressure likely resulted in lots of codes. If you don’t have a code reader there is a method to jumper two pins on the OBD2 port then count the icon flashes on the dash.

Reactions: ConrodM
1 - 3 of 3 Posts