Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I happened to purchase a 2017 EX-L right before this pandemic hit, so I haven't driven the vehicle much but when I drove it today I noticed a few concerning issues:
  1. Check engine light is on.
  2. Check AWD notification has now come on
  3. Pilot has an issue when driving at 1000-2000rpms like bouncing, seems like it may be the known fuel injection issue?
I made the mistake of buying this vehicle at what I thought was a reputable Toyota dealership. Should I take it there? It's been about 40 days, so I'm guessing I have no warranty options for repair. I spent a lot of money on this Pilot! :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
Take it to a Honda dealership. They'd be better able to help you with your problems. Keep us posted with the diagnosis and repair.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
What was your milage when you bought it versus now.
I'd take it back and tell them they should have fixed things before they sold it to you.
Hate to ask what you paid.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd recommend d taking it to the Honda dealer for a diagnosis and then back to the place your purchased it to ask for the repairs to be covered.

I assume it is out of the 3/36k factory warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd take it back and tell them they should have fixed things before they sold it to you.
I've contacted the dealership to see how they will address the issues, given that I've only had the vehicle for such a short time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was 61,430 and I've put about 80 miles on it. I paid about $24k, total of around$28k with taxes and whatnot.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
It was 61,430 and I've put about 80 miles on it. I paid about $24k, total of around$28k with taxes and whatnot.
With only 80 miles driven..., I hate to make accusations against a reputable dealer, but it's not the first time a used car place has cleared fault codes without repairs and sold it that way.

Reactions: recoil
1 - 7 of 7 Posts