Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RES. I have had a commercial DVD that would not play in the DVD player. A couple of others do work ok. I also noticed this weekend that three music CDs burned on my home PC will not play in the DVD slot but will play when you put them in the CD slot. I realize there may be some difference in formats but since I had a commercial DVD (relatively new and tested in other players) that did not work I thought maybe the laser in the DVD is out of adjustment or something. The dealer had not clue and recomended that I call the honda customer service line. I think the folks on this web site probably know as much based on what I have seen in the past couple of weeks.

Any similar experiences or suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
DVD vs CD

Most DVD players will NOT play CDR's recorded on a PC. (some newer ones now will). Strangely, a DVD player will play a CDRW.

·
Registered
226 Posts
can DVD player play MP3 songs?

I wonder if DVD will play it?
They are both digital media?
Anyone tried?

·
Registered
116 Posts
DVD vs CD-R, VCD and DVD-R

I discovered the same limitation of the RES. Another thing I did try (and failed) is to play a VCD in the DVD drive. Works fine on my home Sony DVD, but not on the RES.

I'm now debating buying a DVD-R drive for my computer. I wanted to use it to duplicate some of our most popular DVDs so we could leave them in the PILOT. Any experience out there with burned DVD discs and weather they will play in the PILOT's RES?

- Ben

·
Registered
148 Posts
MP3's

Most DVD players and CD players will NOT play MP3's. In the home theater market and portable market, DVD players that will play DVD, CD's, CDRW are the norm. Just in the last 6 months or so, players that play DVD, CD, CDRW, CDR and MP3 are becoming available (as well as DVD-Audio). I expect that the universal "play-all" unit for cars will be forthcoming, but will be behind home units by 12 months or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts