Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not very active on this forum. But I wanted to thank the good folks here for being helpful and friendly when I was on. The Pilot has been a good vehicle for us. A little small for me which made using it for our family trips not my preferred choice. I am more of a full size fan (fits my size better...lol).

We were just over 109k and had been looking at the Telluride and Palisade as this is my wife's daily and she didn't want something too big. But also just figured we could not afford a full size like a Tahoe. We went to a dealer a few months back and they had no Tellurides on the lot, and the ones coming were sold. Checked Palisade and they had a couple and were up charging $6-9k on top of MSRP...no thank you. We resolved to just wait out the madness.

Then about a week and a half ago, I notice a nice grey Tahoe on the local Nissan lot I pass by and it had the same wheels I have on my Sierra. I looked it up and was floored when it was a 2017 with 110k on it and they were asking $32k! But while I was looking at that, one of their suggested vehicle ads caught my eye. A 2020 Nissan Armada SL in Gun Metallic with a 5.6 liter V8. It had just under 62k on it which was a little high, but I liked the look and had not really considered one of those. This past Saturday we went to look at it just to see if it was something my wife would like and want to drive. We both really liked it and struck a deal. Wasn't the worlds best deal, but seemed good enough so we signed and brought it home. Uses a bit more fuel obviously, but the ride is fantastic. Very roomy and quite inside.

Looking at the same specs and mileage on a Tahoe/Yukon the prices were mostly $10k or more above this. So seems to be a good value.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
Looking at the same specs and mileage on a Tahoe/Yukon the prices were mostly $10k or more above this. So seems to be a good value.
The auto market continues to have its twists and turns. Good luck on the new ride. Based on your preferences the Telleride / Palisade may not be big enough either but the upcharge over msrp would have me moving on.

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is my understanding that the third row seating is more roomy in the Telluride etc even though they are smaller vehicles. But I would much rather have the extra room in the 2nd row. The kiddos can sit back in the nose bleed section...lol.

Reactions: aggrex

· Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
178 Posts
Looks very nice! And the wife looks very happy, which is by far the most important data point!! Enjoy!!!

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She loves it. I am a little jealous because it makes my 2010 sierra feel pretty old. And she has bigger tires and a bigger engine than me now! ha

· Registered
6,015 Posts
Sad to see you go Neal! I know you’ll keep it in great shape and I’ll still be following your Sierra (and maybe Armada?) mods on Facebook from our SilveradoSierra days.

Reactions: ConrodM

· Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
1,471 Posts
Wife looks happy, maybe she'll let you drive it sometimes besides when it needs fuel :ROFLMAO: .My wife's cousin has an older Armada, not sure what year but the squared style. Last I new they were at 325k and never want to give it up.

My wife and I were the same with our Sequoia, the Pilot was a compromise and miss the size of the big tree. If it wasn't rusting out everywhere we'd still have it. Hindsight 20/20 for that Fluid Film when it was new. I should have made the roadtrip and spent the money.

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sad to see you go Neal! I know you’ll keep it in great shape and I’ll still be following your Sierra (and maybe Armada?) mods on Facebook from our SilveradoSierra days.
I'm actually back on the SS site. Seems its under new admins and most of the trolls have moved on or more under control.

I signed up on an Armada site, but man...it is dead. Super slow comments and posts. I had some stuff to post on there about some mini mods I have done already with the Armada...but it's just not any fun if there is not a core group that participates.

· Registered
6,015 Posts
I'm actually back on the SS site. Seems its under new admins and most of the trolls have moved on or more under control.
That's good to hear, that site was kind of insane with the trolls. Even Tacomaworld wasn't that bad.

· Super Moderator
5,323 Posts

I signed up on an Armada site, but man...it is dead. Super slow comments and posts. I had some stuff to post on there about some mini mods I have done already with the Armada...but it's just not any fun if there is not a core group that participates.
Hey we have an other vehicle section here that might generate some interest and appreciation for your mods. Most of my Pilot mods are from either Jeep or 4Runner ideas and parts. Some of your mods may be adaptable to Pilots etc. Sometimes finding a good forum with similar like-minded folks can make a difference.

· Registered
Home of the 309k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
15,285 Posts

I use the Titantalk.com forum for help with the 5.6 V8 engine. A lot of similarities.

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey we have an other vehicle section here that might generate some interest and appreciation for your mods. Most of my Pilot mods are from either Jeep or 4Runner ideas and parts. Some of your mods may be adaptable to Pilots etc. Sometimes finding a good forum with similar like-minded folks can make a difference.
It's here if you ever want an epic read! Pretty much the longest build page on the site! I was very active there and that made me a target for the unkind. I am just recently working on catching up what I did while away. I have done a couple posts on the Armadaclub forum, but not doing it as a single build thread. They dont seem to have that format there. So I am just posting a few of the things I did. New LED lights and stuff. I wont do to much on that vehicle, so not worth it really.

· Registered
6,015 Posts
It's here if you ever want an epic read! Pretty much the longest build page on the site! I was very active there and that made me a target for the unkind. I am just recently working on catching up what I did while away. I have done a couple posts on the Armadaclub forum, but not doing it as a single build thread. They dont seem to have that format there. So I am just posting a few of the things I did. New LED lights and stuff. I wont do to much on that vehicle, so not worth it really.
No imported lockers from the Patrol, Old Man Emu lifts, safari roof racks for the wife as she heads to work?

Don't the Patrols have a V8 diesel? That would be a fun swap... Disconnecting sway bars... this could be fun.

<--- Nissan fanboy who owned a Terrano (Pathfinder for the Americans) and has always lusted after the Armada and even the QX56/QX80.

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHA! She would kill me! I saw one that was dechromed and had some much wider tires and higher offset wheels on it. Looked really cool. His was a 4wd though, so it fit what they planned to do with it. She doesn't even want all weather mats! But I did get one for the cargo area which is on the way. I'll sneak in what I can...haha

· Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is the one I mentioned. Looks really nice with the chrome painted to match on the grille, door handles, fender vent and mirror caps. As well as black vinyl on the chrome surround around the windows. And then the tire and wheels. He is running 305's!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Window

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
1,471 Posts
This is the one I mentioned. Looks really nice with the chrome painted to match on the grille, door handles, fender vent and mirror caps. As well as black vinyl on the chrome surround around the windows. And then the tire and wheels. He is running 305's!
Explain how good she would look in that!

My wife would love that.

"Subtly" de-chrome whatever side she does not notice as often, then do the other parts the same way. :whistle::unsure:

· Registered
252 Posts

View attachment 162531

View attachment 162532

View attachment 162533

View attachment 162534

View attachment 162535
From the side the offset on those rims makes it seem like the tires would hit the wheel wells when the suspension compresses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts