Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I am officailly sold on Zaino. I finally had a weekend to wash and wax our new car.
The Zaino was absolutely incredible. At first I thought how good can it be ... but it was worth the money and the wait. The clay bar stunned me with what it go off the finish. Anything from road tar to dead bugs on the front bumper. It well worth the time to use the bar before waxing.
The Z2 went on so smooth. I only mixed an ounce at first to see how far it went. Well it covered the car twice !! Goes on easy, comes off easier.

Here are a few pics of the final project. I just recently put on the Westin side bars. I love the look it gives the Pilot !

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another from the other side. !!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the reflection !!
Notice the clear Lund Interceptor on the hood....

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree! I did our Audi last weekend, and plan to do the Pilot next weekend. (This weekend was caught up in cleaning out the garage/basement). The wetness and the depth of shineis stunning. The A4 is silver, and it looks great. I can't wait to see what it does to Sagebrush Pearl.

The clay bar really surprised me. I washed the car twice, then did the claybar almost as an afterthought. WOW - I had to turn the clay after every panel! Do you know if the spray lubricant is anything special? Is it by any chance just a mixture of low suds soap? Just curious

-Eric

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the instaructions I got with the Zaino, he suggests a capful of the Z7 car-wash with water in a spray bottle. That was what I used and it worked well. I then washed the car again to get all the residue off and went from there.

I am going to use it on my green 99 Accord next weekend. I cant wait to see how deep the green will look.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow,
Just got off the Zaino's URL, they are based only like 15 or 20 mins away from me, maybe I will drive up and get me some.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can someone port a URL please? I don't even know what's Zaino.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use

the clay bar sold by Griot's Garage. Here's a <a href="http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11153">link</a> to it.

It's $20... a little steep, but I've been extremely happy with the results... very pliable, and soft (easier to knead). I also recommend their speed shine as the lubricant to use between the paint finish and clay bar, but it's also expensive.

I've had good luck using a product from P&S called Speed Shine. Their site is http://www.pssales.com

Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Adam's

I met Adam at the Orange County Swap Meet. They demo the clay bar on a car provided by one of the other vendors - at the end of the day, the vendor gets back a fully detailed automobile.

Here's a link to their web site

Their clay is a little more expensive. It's a large bar and I was able to use my first bar for nearly a whole year (I just bought two more clay bars because once you've clayed, you won't be satisfied with anything else). I thought one year was pretty good as I clayed a couple of older cars that had years worth of oxydation and contamination.

Adams their own clay lubricant, but I would imagine it's expensive to ship in the large container. Diluted car wash in a spray bottle should work fine. Even better would be windex - because that would help remove the old wax.

What I do is use only half the bar at a time. That way, if I inadvertently drop the clay, I can throw away the contaminated half. Once I've finished claying, I'll recombine and kneed the two halves together.

·
Registered
483 Posts
jjgardner3 said:
Well,
I am officailly sold on Zaino. I finally had a weekend to wash and wax our new car.
The Zaino was absolutely incredible. At first I thought how good can it be ... but it was worth the money and the wait. The clay bar stunned me with what it go off the finish. Anything from road tar to dead bugs on the front bumper. It well worth the time to use the bar before waxing.
The Z2 went on so smooth. I only mixed an ounce at first to see how far it went. Well it covered the car twice !! Goes on easy, comes off easier.

Here are a few pics of the final project. I just recently put on the Westin side bars. I love the look it gives the Pilot !
The car looks great. How long did it take you to complete the job, from beginning to end?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Versed said:
Wow,
Just got off the Zaino's URL, they are based only like 15 or 20 mins away from me, maybe I will drive up and get me some.
Let me know how you make out. I was told being from NJ we couldn't order form their web site!!!!!!!!!! We had to go through a distributor.

Great product, demented policy!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where to get Zaino in NJ

Originally posted by Versed
Wow,
--------------
and Originally posted by jfrano
Let me know how you make out. I was told being from NJ we couldn't order form their web site!!!!!!!!!! We had to go through a distributor.

Great product, demented policy!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Versed and jfrano:

I don't think Sal Zaino sells directly to the public from his NJ HQ's but when I emailed him last year he directed me to a store on Rt 9 in Howell. (BTW, I suspect Sal doesn't sell or ship directly to his fellow NJ residents because he dosen't want to have to deal with collecting NJ sales tax). The stuff is well worth the price, it does look amazing but I am most impressed with the longevity. I put about 3 coats on it twice last summer and it lasted well into the next spring - water beading and shining right up after a wash.

Here's the info he emailed me, if this place does't carry it anymore just email Sal from the web site, he responded promptly when I did.
---------------
"There's a store in Howell that stocks and sells my products.
Unfortunately he does not ship yet, so you have to physically go there to purchase the product.

Shore Motorsports
6770 Rt 9 South
Howell, NJ 07731
(732)364-7997

Call first to make sure they have what you need in stock.... and they will give you directions to there location... "
---------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
Zaino distributors and clay

The Zaino distributors are generally great people to talk to and they can really explain how to use the product, I know if it had not been for Carl (the distributor that I bought my Zaino from) I would have applied the product all wrong and got some of the results that people complain about when using Zaino. This also brings up why Sal was only selling Zaino through distributors until this year. As it was explained to me, he wanted to be sure that people understood how to use Zaino, so he wanted them to speak with someone knowledgeable when purchasing it, not just picking up Pampers at Walmart and decide to walk down the automotive isle and decide to try something new.

As far as automotive detailing clay, they are all very similar, so I would shop price and convenience. I purchase Zaino clay when re-filling my Zaino products. It is a little more expensive than others but I figure it is the perk that the Zaino guys (both Sal and Carl) get for having such a great product and spending countless hours with me discussing cars, boats, and detailing them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts