Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the safety software, is there any difference between the different years? For example, lane assist on 2017 versus 2019? I know there are additions on the later years, but I am just talking about software that exists on both years. In other words, do the older years get software updates? And is that only if you bring it to a dealer and pay?

For the entertainment system (especially android auto), is there any software differences between the different years? For instance is the 2017 version an older version? Does it lag more? ..etc?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't comment on 2019 but after replacing 2016 blackbox with a 2017, I've noticed drastic difference in software performance. Looks the same but noticeably faster UI, smoother scrolling, faster usb loading... etc.
So there must be a difference in hardware at some level.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't comment on 2019 but after replacing 2016 blackbox with a 2017, I've noticed drastic difference in software performance. Looks the same but noticeably faster UI, smoother scrolling, faster usb loading... etc.
So there must be a difference in hardware at some level.
I 2nd this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies!
Sounds like you get married to the software version you receive. Hopefully, the safety software gets update under TSBs? But I definitely don't like the sound of putting software on a car and not updating it until there is a massive problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts