Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L FWD Black/Black
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to dealer yesterday with my 2020 Pilot EXL to update the software of multimodal gauge control module. After I got the car back I noticed a soft velvet cloth like shown in the picture between the gauge cluster and steering wheel. Not sure the soft cloth was there like that before or not.

Can anybody confirm their pilot also shows the soft cloth or I need to take the car to the dealer?

Also I didn't notice any software version change after update, still have the version B.1.3.4. Is there no new software version after the update?

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
That cloth material is on Ridgeline’s as well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have that cloth too. It's just there to cover up whatever is behind the steering wheel:). No need to worry. If you want to tuck it back in, you could unlock the steering wheel with the thing under the wheel next to your left knee and lower the steering wheel a bit so you can tuck that cloth back in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have that cloth too. It's just there to cover up whatever is behind the steering wheel:). No need to worry. If you want to tuck it back in, you could unlock the steering wheel with the thing under the wheel next to your left knee and lower the steering wheel a bit so you can tuck that cloth back in.
Thank you ys1219. I suppose it came like that from factory for Ridgeline.

Any Pilot owners please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it, I would like to leave it that way if Honda did that for a purpose. I was assuming dealer made a mistake while putting the gauge cluster after the software install.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Got it, I would like to leave it that way if Honda did that for a purpose. I was assuming dealer made a mistake while putting the gauge cluster after the software install.
They most probably had to move the steering wheel a bit to take out the gauge cluster for the update. Tucking it in should hide it if you really don't like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They most probably had to move the steering wheel a bit to take out the gauge cluster for the update. Tucking it in should hide it if you really don't like it.
Thanks, but do you know by default Honda set the velvet cloth like shown in the picture from factory. If so I would keep it that way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It doesn't really matter what way it goes. To do the gauge control module update the gauge surround must be removed. It is hooked to that silk which is then hooked to the steering column upper portion. Each tech reassembles it differently. You can move it whatever way you want!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It doesn't really matter what way it goes. To do the gauge control module update the gauge surround must be removed. It is hooked to that silk which is then hooked to the steering column upper portion. Each tech reassembles it differently. You can move it whatever way you want!
I am not sure you can move it any other way since it is connected between steering and gauge. I suppose it is there for all pilots(at least), I may have simply not noticed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
notice any software version change after update, still have the version B.1.3.4. Is there no new software version after the update?
The infotainment software has nothing to do with the cluster, you as the customer are unable to check the software version of the cluster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The infotainment software has nothing to do with the cluster, you as the customer are unable to check the software version of the cluster.
Okay, make sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts