Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to hang up a batch of dry cleaning yesterday only to discover there is no hook in the back for cloths????

Is this considered an extra or did Honda feel that dry cleaning should layed down and not hung???:confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the handle grips

I usually hang mine on the handle grips (where the lights are).

Anybody else have other ways?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes, we took a trip this past weekend and put a loop (old part of a luggage tag i think) over the 3rd row seat handle grips. That worked well. It would have been nice if the loop didn't need to be improvised, though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
on the third row seat handle, so it can twist a little bit in the cargo area, but a hook would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I thought it said that the handles near the ceiling were made to double as dry cleaning holders in the owner's manual. Either its in the book, or my salesman told me in the inspection.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Salesmen/women ... hmmmph ... gotta love' em ...

Chuckle Chuckle ...:12:

PrG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least my salesman (after telling me it had a bigger engine than the Odyssey) admitted he was not that familiar with the product.

These folks are clueless!

I tried the middle handle and unless I bent each hanger it was not going to work.

I like the hook concept.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
It was in some information or press release.
I am sure I remember reading it.
I am very disapointed about this.
I have the same issue with my CR-V.
I have heard that the 2003 CR-V has some type of hook. As soon as I see one, I am going to see if it is usable on the '02 CR-V and Pilot!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If it's just a few articles of clothing, why not just bend the tops of the hanger so its perpendicular to itself and hang. Unless you're like Joan Crawford in "Mommy Dearest" and despise metal hangers, as if you had a choice, or was it plastic hangers ? Otherwise, I don't lose sleep because I'm forced to lay my clothes flat in the rear.

PrG

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Still is a big step back, I can not remember the last car I had that did not have some type of hook.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Use the grip handles above the second row windows. The clothes hang perpendicular to the window instead of the traditional parallel position, but there's enough room between the handle and the door that the clothes will hang fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts