Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may or may not know, I've got a large shipment of Pilot ventvisors on the way in. Today I got a box from Auto Ventshade, and in this box was a sample of a new clear plastic headlight cover for the Pilot. It attaches with velcro pads and looks like a really nice fit.....but here's the question: is there really much call for such a product? They are available in smoke tint as well, the ones I received this morning are clear.

Thoughts anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Tim,

Kinda like a bra for your headlights? Bug protectors? Do you have a picture?

Unfortunatly, anything you put in front of the headlights is likely to reduce the amount of light passed through, expecially the smokey tint. Considering I just paid $50 for Silver Star bulbs in an effort to get more light out of the vehicle, I don't know if headlight covers would be a bonus or a detriment.

- Ben

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Personally, I don't care for headlight covers. (Clear or smoked) I prefer the clean OEM look.:)

The lenses are engineered to last. The plastic lenses on my wife's Audi are 3.5 years old now, and still look great. I expect the same from the Pilot.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The only reason for the visor would be to protect your head light from flying rocks. Had a couple of those go thru my headlight, beside that they are pointless. It's cheaper to replace the visor then it is to replace the head light.

:1:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Da biiiiig question??

May i ask the approximate price of this civer thangy for the headlights and by the way i kinda remember my dealers salesman saying something about how he thought the headlight lens was part of an assembly and could cost around two hundred bucks which is under my deductable . If this is true i could be persuaded to get the clear ones if the price is right. Besides i hate polishing plastic.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've had several headlight covers in the past. I believe the brand was GTO. They were smoked and quite nice. They also snapped on with a tight fit. If I were putting them on that is the type of fit I would want. Velcro on the headlight (or tail light) is a pain, collects dirt, and I think looks cheap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've also had covers on a previous car...the tinted type. They look great but GREATLY affect visibility at night. I don't think I'll be interested in these for my Pilot.:28:

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
As you may or may not know, I've got a large shipment of Pilot ventvisors on the way in. Today I got a box from Auto Ventshade, and in this box was a sample of a new clear plastic headlight cover for the Pilot. It attaches with velcro pads and looks like a really nice fit.....but here's the question: is there really much call for such a product? They are available in smoke tint as well, the ones I received this morning are clear.

Thoughts anyone? :confused:
Hmmmmm.....

Sounds like you might need a "test" Piloteer to try them out, take pics, and post feedback to the group! And the Vent Visors too!

:31:

Oooh! Oooh! Me! Me!

:p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Tim, maybe you can post at 200a EDT to give us West coasters and advantage for once!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts