Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't think that's the case. Standalone Garmin units have had the feature for years. I suspect it comes from the Garmin system, but isn't integrated into the Pilot's software.
The reason I believe it does...is because it changes (the dash speed display) literally as soon as you pass the sign...and only when you pass the sign. Unless the signs are gps synced...?

·
Administrator
15,657 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
The 2018+ Accord and 2021+ Odyssey read speed limit signs using the windshield-mounted camera only.

From the 2018 Accord service information:

"The traffic sign recognition system scans road signs for the speed limit by using a multipurpose camera unit attached to the upper middle part of the windshield. It displays the information in the gauge control module (multi-information display (MID)/head up display), which allows the driver to recognize a current speed limit."

The 2019+ RDX obtains speed limit information using GPS coordinates and map data only.

My 2019 MX-5 Miata and 2020 CX-5 display speed limit information using GPS and the camera. The speed limit normally comes from the GPS, but if there is discrepancy the camera-recognized limit is displayed instead.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts